Thumbless Overhand

gather

I remember talking to clay edgin and he was giving me advice on training to close the 3 and he suggested doing overhand deadlifts with a thumbless grip because "it makes u squeze harder". so ive been doing these and have got upto about 375lbs and have seen a big improvement on the 3. I just wanted to know what is a good lift on this one ?

I remember talking to clay edgin and he was giving me advice on training to close the 3 and he suggested doing overhand deadlifts with a thumbless grip because "it makes u squeze harder". so ive been doing these and have got upto about 375lbs and have seen a big improvement on the 3. I just wanted to know what is a good lift on this one ?

Pretty impressive lifting. Are you using a thickbar?

yes 2 inches

You should get some video of that. That is an incredible feat. Even if your hands happened to be 9" long I think that is a great lift.

How much can you do on an Axle with the thumbs?

Ive never seen an axle and i dont want 2 brag i just wondered if anyone else did this kind of stuff and what the standards where, i mean some of the strongest guys around r on here i just wanted 2 know. I dont have 9 inch hands more like 8. The trick with this lift is to press your fingertips into the bar and 2 push your skin into the thumb pad so the flesh doesnt bunch up under the bar.

wow, that is some serious grip strength there. At the end of my deadlift session today I gave that a shot with 295 on a regular oly bar and was only able to hang on for maybe 5 seconds.

Id say what your lifting on a thick bar is amazing, Im with ben on this one you should video it and put it in your gallery.

you already got a good lift on this one and you're doing it thumbless. ;)

ok thanks 4 the input i didnt realise it was a big deal i thought th folks on here would b doing double or someting. I suppose i could get some photos but it doesnt seem like a popular thread so nobody would see em.Its funny i cant lift much over 400 on an olympic bar with thumbless the thick bar just doesnt make much difference.

ok thanks 4 the input i didnt realise it was a big deal i thought th folks on here would b doing double or someting. I suppose i could get some photos but it doesnt seem like a popular thread so nobody would see em.Its funny i cant lift much over 400 on an olympic bar with thumbless the thick bar just doesnt make much difference.

You seriously can't do much over 400 thumbless with a reg Oly bar but can do 375 thumbless with 2" thick bar? That is sick.

What's your regular deadlift like (reg Oly bar, switch/reversed grip, thumbs)?

I'm glad I clicked on this thread. I'm going to start working those.

Ditto that, Just might be a carry over to several grip feats here. I can see a correlation to pinch, and crush both.

only about 500lb im no deadlifter but grips not a limiting factor i can grip a lot more.

That really is a teriffic overhand thick bar dl anyway. I bet if you focused on PL deadlifting you'd move up pretty high, pretty quickly.

I'm glad I clicked on this thread. I'm going to start working those.

Ditto that, Just might be a carry over to several grip feats here. I can see a correlation to pinch, and crush both.

yeah your right it carries over hugely 2 pinch and the first 3/4 of a gripper feels like thin air