Freak Alert

Clay Edgin

Yesterday at my strongman and grip comps, there was a guy from Colorado named Brian Shaw. Brian is the real deal. 6'8", 315 lean pounds. Deadlifted the Inch right and left EASILY multiple times upon request. 9" hands. He closed my #3, missed a hard Elite by 1/16", two hand pinched 200 with lots of gas in the tank, one hand pinched 95lbs without chalk or warmup, pulled 180 on the equalizer handle (2.5" steel, spins on ball bearings), narrowly missed 200 on the same handle, and is just one of those guys who is freaky strong all around. He also ran with 300lbs per hand on 2" farmers walk handles for 100ft in 14 seconds.

• Like 1

Good report Clay.

Thanks for the info. :cool

Did he work on grippers/pinch/ thick bar before....or was this his first time trying?

First strongman contest?

Either way..IMPRESSIVE. :bow

Dude, that is freaky!

Any video for us video-holics!!!

-Jedd-

I wish I had the video camera with me for the grip contest. He had done some grip work before but nothing serious. He deadlifted the Inch the first time he saw it in front of Richard Sorin at a trade show/expo last year. I think the bulk of his experience is with grippers but with hands as big as his and the type of strongman training he does, no thickbar or pinch record stands a chance.

I'll email him shortly and see if he wants to sign up for the board.

I wish I had the video camera with me for the grip contest.  He had done some grip work before but nothing serious.  He deadlifted the Inch the first time he saw it in front of Richard Sorin at a trade show/expo last year.  I think the bulk of his experience is with grippers but with hands as big as his and the type of strongman training he does, no thickbar or pinch record stands a chance. 

I'll email him shortly and see if he wants to sign up for the board.

Clay, what type of strongman training does he do? Sounds like another one of the mutant species to me. :)

Jim

He was beastly. It was amazing how easily he went through the strongman events. It seemed like he didn't have a weekness at all. I did see how easily he lifted the Inch. He lifted it a few times just before the start of the strongman contest.

WOW THATS PRETTY CRAZY

Clay,

Any updates on this guy ?

Is he gonna join The Gripboard ?

What kind of #'s is this guy pulling on the Rolling Thunder...

I emailed him about the board but no response yet. I don't know how often he checks his mail. He said the last time he tried the RT he pulled 235 in plates but I don't know if that was with a new handle/old handle/whatever.