Took A Short Break And Lost Armwrestling Power

Nitro

I took a short break which was only a couple weeks off my grip and forearm training.I got weaker due to that.I was out with my friend and we were at a table not an armwrestling table just a regular table.I don't know how it started but we decided to armwrestle. A while back when I was training pretty hard for armwrestling and working my forearms I armwrestled him and beat him 3 times out of 3 easily. I took him down in less then 5 seconds each time with him giving it everything he had.Now he remembers the last time we armwrestled and I beat him and he figured the outcome would be the same with me winning easily.Well the first time he gets me in a hook and I was struggling very hard and somehow I lost leverage and then I lifted my arm off the table.The second time he took me from the start and was beating me and almost had me down and we struggled for a while and I then pulled him till he was about 6in from touching the table and then he just lost stamina and went down.Afterwards I was like what the hell happened to me.He felt so much damn stronger and I felt so damn weak.He evened noticed and told me I was alot stronger last time we went at it.He doesn't workout or anything so it wasn't him getting stronger.

I can't believe how much weaker I got just by taking a 2-3 weeks off forearm and wrist training.

I'm going to begin training my wrist and forearms again.Any tips?

I was doing levering,wrist curls,hammer curls,wrist roller etc...

Should I stick with high reps or stick with low reps? Which is better for armwrestling and forearm/wrist power?

muscle has memory it would rather be on vacation you still have the strength dig deep and and it will appear you should be stronger after a rest try a workout or 2 and you will be good as new

Maybe your friend got stronger.

Maybe your friend got stronger.

No I don't think my friend got stronger. He doesn't do anything to make him stronger like workout or anything.

I will begin training again and hopefully like DAN PRAYDIS said I should be stronger after a few workouts.

I just can't believe how much strength you can lose from taking a coulpe weeks off.If anything i thought it would benefit me.

Remeber that that armwretling is just like any other sport. There can be a number of factors. Even when I am in the heart of the season and training constantly I sometimes have bad days where my stamina just isnt good or I can put together a decent hit. MAybe you were just tired or didnt get much sleep or something along those lines. This doesnt have to be because you took a break from training. Remember that most armwrestletrs intentionaly take a 1-2 week break from training before a tournament. A break every now and then can be very beneficial.

Unlike weights, arm wrestling isn't quantitative. When you came back - how far down were your actual lifts - this might be a better measure of any strength loss.