right handed

1. brzenk

2. abbott

3. Hutchings

Left handed

1.Abbott

2.brzenk

3. hughes

I think Abbott will suprise people as he should of been in the top 3 in chahlis if it wasnt for a questionable elbow call. He crushes Chris Meyers but got called on a elbow off the pad. He has also beaten John a few times left handed and with a bye will be tough to beat. Should be a fun tourney for sure.

abbott will take the left hand for sure! in the 199+ i believe it will be bagent left.

bagent has such a strong left, he will toy with people.

When is this tourney...I live 40 minutes from the Mohegan Sun...anyone actually going??

its tommorow, it is getting filmed by the best damn sports show. so it will be on tv after they do all the editing, should take a few days. paul you should go and see those guys i got to meet some of the at the showdown, they are some of the nicest people i have ever meet!!!!

Edited by dadams

What time??? Help.....I'm going...anyone nearby??

I think so far its Brzenk, Abbott and Hutchings as the final 3 right handed with Brzenk undefeated and Jacob and Todd pulling to see who goes to the final.

Left handed I think the final 4 is Bongard and Hutchings each with a loss and Abbott and Brzenk undefeated.

I might be reading the brackets wrong but Ill update as soon as I find out what is going on. Looks like an awesome tournament!

Results:

Left hand 0-198

Brzenk over Abbott in the final

Right hand 0-198

Brzenk over Hutchings in the final

Smitty It looks like Selearis got whacked by Todd in thier meeting! :laugh

Thanks smitty! :)

Final placings 198

right hand

1. John Brzenk

2. Todd Hutchings

3. Jacob Abbott

Left hand

1. John Brzenk

2. Jacob Abbott

3. Todd Hutchings

I thought Jacob would take first in the left handed division but losing to Brzenk is nothing to be ashamed of. Taking third with your non-dominant arm is incredable and seeing all 3 guys place top 3 in both is unreal. Looking forward to seeing the tourney. I think it will be aired on Aug. 12th on fox sports.

Austin

Thanks for the report Austin!

Smitty... normally I would have made the same pick... Selearis is a phenomenal puller. I thought he would place higher in Chehalis

BUT I think he's out of his element with some of the true 198's. (ie. they have to drop weight to get there)

Where I would normally consider Selearis to be more dominant pulling 187's

Brian I agree with you. In chehalis he did look alot smaller then some of the other top guys. Still fun to give smitty a hard time though :)

Austin

Sounds like a real crazy tourney. Im not sure if you guys heard but apparently there was a challenge match set up on the spot between Bagent and Brzenk. 1000 was on the line and bagent took it home with 2 straight wins. Kudos to TB but just thi9nk of how prolific Brzenk is if a puller at 199 can mat ch up against a puller at 280 on a professional level and be the favoirte to win. Damn. My guess is that if Brzenk put on some wight the outcome would be different.

john would dominate travis if he was around 220

Congrats to Brzenk-- again! I'm not sure what happened with Bagent though. I'll ask as soon as I see John again. I can't wait to see this tournament on Fox Sports.

John and travis have pulled many times before.. it's not like this settled anything. John usually wins without a problem. He's usually a bit heavier.

Both of them being fresh, even with john at 198lbs, I still think john would win.

I think John will likely end up pulling Rustam Babayev at 198lbs in PAL... then he wants to pull Alexey Semerenko and will probably go back up to 220.

brian that would be something to see.not to make an excuse for john but he did pull the showdown then a week later he pulled in the mohegan tourne. so that had to affect him a little.