Tables

GarytheDino

Does anybody have plans for a homemade table. I'm not sure I can get together 300 bucks yet. I want one to practice on but I have to find someone to pull with. It's kind of a catch 22. If I get a table maybe I can lure armwrestlers over here but then again it may collect dust. I guess I still need one to practice against myself with pulleys and bands , sledgehammers, sandbags and all that. Right now I just lay a precher curl pad on top of a foot stool which is on a weight bench. It works but I need a better idea.

Go to www.armsport.com. They have the specs to make your own table. Although many federations are using the staggard pin pad set up for practice purposes I would use straight across. This way you dont need two seperate tables.

it's true, most federations are permanently switching over now. Also most tables you will purchase now have pads and pin lines that you can flip around. they just press down into a pressure fit eyelet. that way you can easily go back and forth between right and left in a matter of seconds.

I was so used to the pads being straight across at practice, that when we were pulling on staggered pads at tournaments I was coming off the pad, and my 'holding point' where i usually hold people (well where i'm most comfortable) on a staggered pad setup, was no good because I was practically sitting in the pinline... took a bit of practice on staggered to get the hang of it

Ok, now that I know the demensions I'm thinking I could make one out of 4x4's or doubled up 2x4 with maybe 3/4 plyboard for the top. What could I use for covering. Maybe carpet padding or something denser covered with a scrap piece of vinyl from an upholstry store. I think I would use pin lines and only worry about elbow pads. I would bolt a theaded flange to the top and just screw a pipe down into it for the grip.

Any ideas what to use that would make it easy. I don't have a welder.