New To Armwrestling

aeprominant

hi, i've been armwrestling people my whole life, not like competitive but just for fun, and ive always been one of the better ones, cause i have a naturally big forearm, and i workout a lot

but, i want to become a really really kickass armwrestler, but i dont have any of the grippers or any of that stuff, but i do have a weight set downstairs

what are some exercises I could do to greatly increase my armwrestling skill

ty

Im about as new as your are but a few guys on the board have helped me out before and hopefully they will chip in. I like to do anything for the wrists; plate wrist curls, levering etc. Also pullups, hammer curls help alot also. Grippers are good for the fingers too. what does everyone else think, what is most important?

JP

Im about as new as your are but a few guys on the board have helped me out before and hopefully they will chip in. I like to do anything for the wrists; plate wrist curls, levering etc. Also pullups, hammer curls help alot also. Grippers are good for the fingers too. what does everyone else think, what is most important? 

JP

thx jamesG

i dnot have a pullup bar, but i have this square metel beam that goes across my basement so what i do is bend my fingers by the 2nd knuckle and do pullups like that, it is a b**** on ur fingers tho, so i dont do them that much, and it is wayyyyyyyy harder than regular pullups, but im guessing that that helps finger strength a lot

wrist curls, levering, grippers, plate curls, and wrist rotation stuff should work. ;)

if you don't have a lot of stuff to train with, lots of those chinups will be good for you.

Put towels over the beam and hold onto the towels to do chinups with varying widths.. it'll help with your overall arm/hand on the table

If you want to take armwrestling seriously, find a club or someone to practice with regularly on a table.

Invest in some grip tools and so forth as well

Ive learned a ton from Killswitch, Sixgun and others on the board but I love rope pullups, hammer curls and anything to make your wrists stronger. To sum it up, Specialize on your wrist, hit all types of curls and pullups to build a good base of pulling strength and find away to pull on a table once every 1-2 wks. Hope this helps!

Austin

The absolute best training that you could do is to arm wrestle people that are better then you. It can be hard on the ego but you will improve faster than any weight training there is. The worst thing you can do is always arm wrestle people that you can beat easy to since you will never learn that way.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

ok, thx everyone for being helpfull, so im just going to do lots of towl pullups and wrist stuff and armwrestle my dad all the time since he can kill me, and hopefully participate in a tournament sometime

I appreciate all the tips

thx

ok a question, i kno that i have to trian my wrists and forearms, but is it also important to train my bi's tri's and delt's??????

ok, yet another question, what is a good source to find out where and when tournaments are being held???

Edited by aeprominant

You definitely need to keep your upper arms and shoulders strong as well.

Biceps will get good work from chins and so forth... you want to work your triceps to to keep everything balanced, and you get into certain positions where you'll need it. Shoulders... you need to keep them strong and stable.. there's so many things that can go wrong with a shoulder.. iif it's strong it's less likely you'll hurt it.

You definitely need to keep your upper arms and shoulders strong as well.

Biceps will get good work from chins and so forth...  you want to work your triceps to to keep everything balanced, and you get into certain positions where you'll need it.  Shoulders...  you need to keep them strong and stable..  there's so many things that can go wrong with a shoulder..  iif it's strong it's less likely you'll hurt it.

thx killswitch

The absolute best training that you could do is to arm wrestle people that are better then you. It can be hard on the ego but you will improve faster than any weight training there is. The worst thing you can do is always arm wrestle people that you can beat easy to since you will never learn that way.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Yes that's the best way to improve, no doubt.