Bottle Cap Bending

Dude

I believe I read a post awhile back about bending bottle caps backwards or inside out. I tried it the other night and bent one backwards, but not the lip of the cap inside out. Could someone please define what bending bottle/ beer caps is?

I just placed my two index finger on the lipped edge of the cap and pressed on the backs with my thumbs. It was somewhat tough but the only thing I found tough was the pain of the lip going into the finger tip. To bend it inside out would seem like you have to rip the lip of the cap to do it, which looks extremely tough. If anyone has any pics please post because I'd be interested to see so it clears it up. In the meantime I'll try and take a pick of one that I did so you can tell me if I'm completely wrong or not. Thanks.

Supposedly in the book Feats of Strength and Dexterity all of the bottle cap bends are described. Can't say this for sure maybe someone with the book can help.

Most people crush a beer cap between their thumb pad and index finger knuckle. Not really that tough. Try bending one between the tip of your index finger and the end of your thumb, with your other three fingers curled into your palm as a fist. Great party trick! :yikes

Here's pics in the old gallery on how I bend caps.

cap bending

-HH

The first pic with your thumbs on the cap is how I bend it, except I put the lip of the cap on the ends of my index finger instead of the side. Is this what people mean when they refer to bending bottle caps or is it something else?

What most people mean by bending a bottle cap is just taco'ing it between the tips of your index and thumb. You can also bend it backwards like in the previous pics.

GorillaHands actually has a vid in the old movie gallery (I think) of him bending a cap backwards with one hand! This may be one of the greatest grip vids ever!

Adam Black is a great bottle cap bender as well. I haven't seen him on the board for a long while.

Revtor is right about tearing 'em in half. This is very tough as well.

-HH