Steve Mcgranahan

gamidon

Just watched it.

I think there are big time copyright laws in place for placing Leno on the web.  Probably not a good idea. ;)

Way to go Steve! :rock

Why not someone post it on http://www.putfile.com/

That way the gripboard won't be subject to liability. :D

It would probably be a bad idea to post the link here. It is copyrighted material.

This board would be a conduit in the clips replication.

T!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• king crusher

• Bill Piche

• GatorGrip

• tspinillo

It would probably be a bad idea to post the link here. It is copyrighted material.

T!

I guess. Too bad. Although I've seen a lot of clips from the tonight show on the web, not sure they care all that much, as long as someone is not trying to sell them. Maybe wanna could ask nbc for permission? Can you tell how much I would like to see the clip? :D

T!

I guess. Too bad. Although I've seen a lot of clips from the tonight show on the web, not sure they care all that much, as long as someone is not trying to sell them. Maybe wanna could ask nbc for permission? Can you tell how much I would like to see the clip? :D

The Tonight Show message board has some info.

http://www.nbc.com/boards/Leno/thread-128380-1.html

T!

I work the nights so I had the lovely wife record it for me. Saw it this morning.

It was great! Flew through 10 decks with only one hand! :rock:rock

Great job Steve!

-HH

I saw it last night at about 1050pm or so.

Man that was great.

I definitely wouldn't try that at home.

My wife watched it with me and then smugly said "I guess your gonna try that next, hunh?" No way, not me. I want to keep my teeth.

Maybe I could do it if I drank a few gallons of milk a day like Big Steve said he does.

Awesome display of power! Enjoyed it thoroughly!

i've never seen something so hard look so easy. that was incredible.

well done big steve! me and my apt.-mates loved it (even my girlfriend was in awe over it...and when she sees me bending/breaking something, she usually just sighs and ignores me)

-jeff

you can put a clip on here. its the worldwide web.....theres things from nbc and every other channel in the world on the web.

there would be absulutly no reprocussions from putting a clip on here.

Bravo Steve!!

You absolutly demolished those cards. My favorite part was after you walked off stage, The camera pans back and you see Jay standing on top of this massive pile of torn cards. Man that was cool!

Awesome work Steve! You demolished those things incredibly quick. Jay seemed genuinely impessed!

I agree with Nagual. If somone were to post the file at a place like he said, but not have any affiliation with the gripboard, someone else could find it and post it here. The we'd all link to that other website and be ok.

And if we all sent an email to NBC saying we want to see more of him, and have somebody maybe send them part of Big Steve's CD to show them he might get a 10 min spot or something.

I was workings nights,and did not get a chance to see it live,but my wife taped it.

Awesome bro!My wife and I were very impressed the way you handled Jay.Very humble man you are Steve.

I hope this opened up some doors for you man.The same way it has with Dennis Rogers.

It is a blessing just to know you.I brag about you to everyone all the time.Hope you don't mind :D

I loved it! I was giddy as a school girl when they said Steve McGranahan, because I didn't want to see the big man get bumped.

The beer swilling dietician from Onalaska, at first I thought she was from Unalaska, Alaska “Halibut Heaven". Great role model for the kids and she really represented her profession well didn't she. That trick was not something you just do on a dare; she may have put herself through college performing that at a local strip club.

I won’t even talk about the man who blew up his melon.

Then Steve came in shining, especially humble and reserved but funny.

I was impressed with his first regular 2 hand rip. He tore through them like they were post-it notes and handed them to Jay. I thought that was right there with John Brookfield level of speed ripping. The when he said he was going to do it with his teeth, I thought awesome! The next thing out of his mouth was 10 decks in 30 seconds me and the dog almost fell off the couch. I was a tad worried when he took a second longer on a couple decks. I was come on, come on and then he tore through those last 2-3 like a hot knife through butter. I cheered so loud that I damn near woke up the whole house.

P.S. I have to come clean I went down to the basement grabbed a fresh pack of cards and give it a whirl, my technique sucked but I got about a 1/4 ways through the deck before my TMJ reared it's ugly head. I had to try! you understand guys and I know damn well I wasn't the only one to do this or that will try in the very near future.

Steve is the master at this no doubt and in my eyes a genuine strongman feat of yesteryear in this modern era.

He's going to be a legend that will be looked upon as respectfully as those great old time strongmen (John Brookfield, Richard Sorin, Dennis Rogers, The Mighty Atom, Thomas Inch, George F. Jowett, Goerner the Mighty Arthur Saxon, Slim "The Hammer Man" Farman, Louis Cyr, Georges Karl Julius Hackenschmidt The Russian Lion and last but not least Clay Edgin just to name a few of the greats)

:innoJust awe inspiring Steve and you really let your light shine! :rock

damn i missed it!!!! by the time i got home all i saw was the ending credits, so i saw a split second of big steve tearing the cards....but i wanna see teh whole thing!!!! damn!

Steve,

You rock man! Great job, and loved the banter w/ Jay also. You're a natural showman, my family loved watching it. Check out my son imitating you..... He's only 2 but knows when he's seeing an act that's hard to follow :bow

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=1850

Great job Steve!

If you have not already, I would seriously look into getting the one handed card rip, 10 decks in under 30 seconds to be a new guinness world record!

Congratulations Big Steve :mosher

Even though I missed your performance, maybe a clip will

be available for those of us in the US and other countries

that missed it.

Keep up your inspiring work!

What would be the harm in posting the video? I realize it's copyrighted, but there are clips all over the net of the exact same sort of thing.

It seems that if NBC has a problem with it, they would start by simply asking that the video be taken down. Then, it gets taken down. I doubt that they'd hit the Gripboard with a lawsuit at first knowledge of the video being posted.

Jason

Hey guys,

For anyone here who wants to see Steve's clip for whatever reason, just PM me and i'll send you the link!

My God is an AWESOME God!!!!! I give Him all the Glory! WOW that was a blast!

Guys thank you for all the prayers, kind words, and the drive knowing I have friends that are pulling for me.

The show after the show was a off the chart blast. I got to blew off steam that had been growing for weeks. All the people behind the seen, stage hands, prop guys etc... got a few treats horseshoes, nails, pan, bolts, and wrenches.

I thank God for opening doors for more friends to come in to my life.

The best is yet to come!!!

Z-man thanks for that pic Bro. That's what its all about Man. Letting the little ones follow the lead. Be a Great DAD!

Finally got to see it.

All I can say is AWESOME! :bow:bow:bow

You looked stout bro, and the performance was mind blowing. You can tear cards in your mouth quicker then most people tear with their hands. :mosher

-Rick Walker

I finally got to watch this. Steve, you put on an awesome performance! I have to tell you, after watching your DVD and seeing your modesty and how you give credit to the Lord for your achievements, I am extremely impressed. I promote your name often as someone that does amazing things in the name of the Lord and gives credit to him. I pray that God will continue to shine on you and your endeavors.

Steve,

Congrats again, I saw the Tonight Show page has a quick blurb about you.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_wi...try/index.shtml

Any inside info you can share? Here are some questions I had if you get a minute (I feel like a groupie!!)

-Did you talk to Leno much? Before or after the show, or just the segment?

-How big is the audience, and what time did you tape?

-Did they make you sign anything?

-Did you get to hang out or meet any guests?

-Any chance you could go on as a repeat guest to eat or explode cans, rip phonebooks, squeeze that watermelon guy's head until it explodes :) ?

-Are you looking in to other shows like when Brookfield did the Today show (I think)?

Thanks again, it was a treat to watch.

:bow:rock