Tetting Certs

Jedd Johnson

It has come to my attention from a member here, Pdoire, that there may be interest in tracking Tetting Certifications. Before I commit to keeping these records, I would like to know what the exact rules are for the Tetting Certs. I have read very little on this Certification System.

What are the rules for the Tetting Certifications?

What grippers are included?

What else does it include?

I am requiring video no matter what the specifics of the Certification Process are.

Thanks for your time. Help me out here, colleagues.

-Jedd-

Edited by Jedd Johnson

It has come to my attention from a member here, Pdoire, that there may be interest in tracking Tetting Certifications.  Before I commit to keeping these records, I would like to know what the exact rules are for the Tetting Certs.  I have read very little on this Certification System.

What are the rules for the Tetting Certifications?

What grippers are included?

What else does it include?

I am requiring video no matter what the specifics of the Certification Process are.

Thanks for your time.  Help me out here, colleagues.

-Jedd-

The rules are as follows. You must call Tetting and tell him your hand size from first crease in wrist to the tip of your middle finger. Once determined, he will customize the gripper so that it sits in your hand perfectly, allowing all four fingers around the handles. To officially close it, you must pick it up from a flat surface and completely close it without setting it at all. Your other hand can make absolutely NO contact with the closing hand. Of course a video and witness must be present. The grippers used to certify are the BBSM...on up. A certificate is then given upon viewing of the video, provided that the close is successful.

What's the time difference between where Tetting lives and the UK? I don't want to ring him and find it's the middle of the night!

Once determined, he will customize the gripper so that it sits in your hand perfectly

I highly doubt it would fit perfectly.

So, can one wriggle?

I'd rather struggle with a consistent gripper and a smaller hand for a goal gripper in comparison to someone with a bigger hand who can close it than requiring a custom gripper be made. No wonder so few have done this. :mellow

Once determined, he will customize the gripper so that it sits in your hand perfectly

So, can one wriggle?

I'd rather struggle with a consistent gripper and a smaller hand for a goal gripper in comparison to someone with a bigger hand who can close it than requiring a custom gripper be made. No wonder so few have done this. :mellow

Good point.

T!

So, can one wriggle?

Good point.

T!

I want to stay out of this to let the board decide...but I think Warren is

simply trying to level the playing field as it relates to hand size.

There are variances in all grippers.

So, can one wriggle?

I'd rather struggle with a consistent gripper and a smaller hand for a goal gripper in comparison to someone with a bigger hand who can close it than requiring a custom gripper be made.  No wonder so few have done this.  :mellow

Translation: "MASH MONSTER IS BETTER!!!!1"

So few have done this because nobody knows how to do it. Warren doesn't have a website detailing the process and an ebook showing you how to close it.

Geez, I sound pissy today. I meant the above post in jest. I like busting Bill's chops.

I still think it's a good cert. Not at the same level as the Mash Monster cert-unless you're talking GM, Elite and above-but a good stepping stone.

Wanna, "wriggling" is allowed. I've spoken to Warren about it, because when I first started the table no set training I had to wriggle the gripper a bit to get a decent position. As long as nothing but the closing hand touches the gripper you're fine. I'm so used to it now that it's actually faster for me to close a gripper with the no set than the set.

I'd really like to see this put on the Records and Stats section of the Board. The SM and above are good accomplishments for most "normal" people. Anything above those would be a good goal for the super men of the Board to shoot for. Who will be the first to close the Elite no set? Or has it been done already by one of the resident freaks? Probably has and I just missed the post.

I am betting on both Clay and Rob W Vigeant being about to no set close many Elites. Not sure on these specially designed grippers though.

Let's hear more thoughts....

-Jedd-

I would like see the Tetting Certs at the Gripboard Stats too. I like his certification. It's a good motivation to train the noset. I certified on the SM and GM already and train for the Elite.

I would like a BBSE list too. Why we only have a BBE list?

Why not including this feat?

We already have the BBE closers list, the gripboard #3 and #4 closers.

No-Setting a GM is quite a feat, guys like Austin or Flo are necessary to accomplish this, let alone th Elite wish is around the strength of the MM1.

(At least with the 2 5/8 spread).

Since video is already required by Warren its easy to judge for Jedd.

It seems like a good idea - would cement the rep of the GripBoard as the centre of recognition etc.

I don't know how easy it would be for Jedd to recieve recognition from Tetting as to whether an attempt had been accepted though?

I like the cert process and it is a fun way to train. Why does Warren need to bring out an ebook to show you how to no set? Pick it up from the table with 1 hand and close it, sounds pretty simple to me. I like the idea of it being listed on the board as well. Just another option for those who train for a no set close and it allows those who train that way to have something to shoot for. I dont mean to sound pissy either but I just got up. :blink

Austin

Is anyone else planning on doing the tetting cert? Im looking forward to jumping in on the sm and hopefully the gm sometime in the future.

Yes I plan on certing on the SM in the near future. There is also

another thread that talks about this search for Warren Tetting certs

Maybe provide a link on this thread to that one, bro.

-Jedd-