Thicker Fingers

Grippa

Guys, ive been training pretty hard now for a few months and have definately noticed some changes in my hands. Thumb pad has gotten bigger and hand just feels a lot more solid.

But my fingers are falling behind, there still skinny and im starting to notice they are lagging behind, is there any think i can go training wise to get them to start thickening up.

Thanks guys i thank you in advance :rock

Please help any tips will be just brilliant :bow

Shaking hands with other strongman competitors, I guess I have noticed they have thicker fingers than the general population. Maybe it has something to do with farmer holds and walks? Powerlifters who do a lot of rack pulls and deads, I've noticed, seem to often have a thick hypertrophied pinky pad, but who knows what that's from. The grip athletes I've met don't seem to have out-of-the-ordary big fingers or pumped hands. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that not as many concentrates on huge gym lifts like the other two sports do.

Really though, the shape of the your muscles is genetically predetermined, and you can't really change it. You can build protein layers around it, sure, but it might take you a lot longer to cause hypertrophy in the fingers than other people, just due to genetics. Of course, that's just the nature side. Depending on how your nurture side is, or your training programs that is still going to play a part.

What is your routine like? You've said you've been at it for a few months, but...

I imagine most people on the board are interested in getting their hands and fingers stronger. I haven't really noticed a wealth of posts devoted to hand hypertrophy, although, that doesn't mean it is bad to have that as a goal.

Good luck.

-Jedd-

:happy lol nice question train train train is all I can say and see what happens.....if all you wanted was thick fingers then why are you on this board????......just a question.... :calm

But my fingers are falling behind, there still skinny and im starting to notice they are lagging behind, is there any think i can go training wise to get them to start thickening up.

Your fingers are not like any other body part you have; you can't build muscle in your fingers because your fingers can't hypertrophy like a regular bodypart (biceps, quads, calves) made of muscle can.

Make your fingers STRONG. Grip training will do that. Stay here on this forum, sit back and learn - you have the best teachers of hand strength/training in the world RIGHT HERE. Hope this helps! :D

I noticed the same thing, but it was wors ebecuase I have a relaly big hand width way, but it's so short..

The fingers will catch up though.. I do alot of outside work besides gripping too. Like my job, I move furniture to places all day. Me and this other guy who's naterally strong and makes things look easy. We lift heavy peices all day, and you can't afford to drop a 2000 dollar bookshelf that is made of oak or steel and weights about 300 lbs...