Kinesio Taped Gripper

Evan Raftopoulos

Thought to try using some kinesio tape around the gripper handles and noticed that the gripper feels great in my hands. This tape is stretchy, thin, and adheres well. It feels like the gripper is easier to close and there is no skin irritation with prolonged use. Has anyone else tried this before?

post-23990-0-10620500-1430091947_thumb.j

Pretty interesting,

I've never noticed any skin irritation from gripper usage personally, but if using some Kinesio tape helps you train better or harder then it can't be a bad thing!

I just wouldn't get too used to closing grippers in this manner...but as a training tool, hey why not.

I just wouldn't get too used to closing grippers in this manner...but as a training tool, hey why not.

thanks, you bring up a good point. I'm not planning on training only with the tape on.

I def get skin irritation after doing a full gripper workout especially after performing set practice with COC #4...I usually just tape my index finger where i placed it on my setting hand but never taped the handle...i prefer the knurling to dig in and stay in place.

hey Lucas, from what I've tried so far the handle seems to stay in place pretty well with the kinesio tape around it, better than using other tape or gripper handle sleeves. It's actually possible that the kinesio tape makes it easier to set the gripper. I could be wrong though, let me know if you try it.