Teenage Grip

nypuller

Does anyone knowif their are any other teenagers around who love grip strength? I'm wondering what is the strongest grips that teenagers have had. What's the best Rolling Thunder, whats the youngest age for closing a #3 CoC gripper, has any teenager ever bent an ironmind red or even blue nail, etc.

Does anyone knowif their are any other teenagers around who love grip strength? I'm wondering what is the strongest grips that teenagers have had. What's the best Rolling Thunder, whats the youngest age for closing a #3 CoC gripper, has any teenager ever bent an ironmind red or even blue nail, etc.

You could ask for Vikingsrule92.. :)

jesse murande closed a coc at age like 16 or 17 I think definitely in his teens though. I don't think being a teen makes you any weaker-probably stronger- it's just most don't really get into it young it seems.

Check the BHSA lists on David Horne's site for some (it'll be under his posts).

You could ask for Vikingsrule92.. :)

Ya, Derek is 15 and very strong. He told me that he had heard of a 14 year old closing the #3 I believe... so I would think that is the youngest if that is the case.

I forget the name but a 14yr old certified on the #3 under the old rules. I'm 18 and have closed a #3, that same thing can be said for several others on here as well :) Derek has bent a Red and a Bastard and I can't think of a teen on here that I know of who hasn't bent at least a blue. We heal SUPER FAST compared to people 40+ so we have a great advantage ;)

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Apparently everyone is talking about me in this thread so I feel the need to chime in. I've bent a big bastard, Red, F911, 5" G8 and stuff but I'm still not the best teenage bender. Maybe second but that's a maybe. I've pulled 150ish on the RT and I can close a 2.7 cal'd gripper.

Wes Peart has bent an Edgin to 90 degrees, A shiny and a bunch of other enormous steel and he barely even trains ;). He's also probably the best teenage gripper closer with a 3.5 close, a 4 close in a choker, I also think he CCSed a 3.5 and he's the youngest certified #3 closer under new rules. He's also pulled 252 on the RT which I'm pretty sure is the highest among teens. Oh and he's 18 by the way.

Oh and shizen, Marunde closed it at 18 I believe.

Alright young warriors I am working on setting up the TEENS WITH TORQUE section on www.strongmanfeats.com so if you have a good feat of strength that you want to show off drop me a line and we will go from there. admin@www.strongmanfeats.com

We got to get more youth in this grip game as they will be the future of it all.

Wow that Wes Peart guy sounds UNBELIEVABLE i've never heard of a teenager with a grip that strong :bow.

I'm new to this whole grip thing though. I've been competing in armwrestling tournaments since I was 14 (i've been in a few powerlifting meets but, im way better at armwrestling). I 'm no where near your guys level. I can barely close a No. 2 and can't bend for S**t. My Rolling Thunder is around 170 though and I can pinch four ten's and two twenty-fives. I'm going to work hard to try and get good. I'm one of the top teenage armwrestlers right now. I'm going to end up killing myself trying to get ahead of you guys. But, I'm going to get there and fast :D .

Yeah Wes is insane. And he hardly even trains grip ;)

How old are you? 170 RT is very good for someone just starting out.

What weight class do you armwrestle in?

198's

I'm 16. It's so frustrating when people have such natural power lol.

What weight class do you armwrestle in?

198's

I'm 16. It's so frustrating when people have such natural power lol.

Haha yeah it is, I had to work my ass off for my 150 lift :angry: hehe nah I envy you, I wish I started out where some people do. But I had to work my way from the basement and it was worth every minute.

I had to work my way from the basement and it was worth every minute.

So did I and I still am, I wouldn't have it any other way :) To look back and be able to see how far you've come and how hard you trained to be where you are now is one of my biggest motivations.

I had to work my way from the basement and it was worth every minute.

So did I and I still am, I wouldn't have it any other way :) To look back and be able to see how far you've come and how hard you trained to be where you are now is one of my biggest motivations.

Yeah that's so true Zach. Hell I still remember jumping up and down because I was so happy I bent a 1/4" x 7" piece of CRS and being so ecstatic when I close the #1 and other assorted minor accomplishments which at the time were monstrous.

While not a teenager anymore Handgripperman (Kevin Bussi)was the strongest all around teenager i have ever seen.

He's bent the red nail and is on the red nail roster and an official COC #3 gripper closer as a teenager.

He has done a ton of other stuff also.He's still a very strong dude.

Edited by Steve B.

I forget the name but a 14yr old certified on the #3 under the old rules.

His name is Mike Sanderson, he got away from grip for awhile but is back and is a member on this forum.

We heal SUPER FAST compared to people 40+ so we have a great advantage ;)

Shut up, I don't wanna hear about it... :(

His name is Mike Sanderson, he got away from grip for awhile but is back and is a member on this forum.

John, didn't you tell me you are Mike Sanderson on the IM list WAYYY back when I first asked you about grip strength on BB.com???

Hahaha don't get mad just because you're old John ;):D:tongue

LOL :D I don't either but it's true. Not to worry John they've got alllllllll our mistakes to make yet. :)

grip-sports are very unknown.

one of the strongest man in the world, the german shot-putter UDO BAYER was worldclass as a teen. but people like him, never tried any grip-feat.

a lot of the stronges men in the world are very young, but not interested in gripping.

Wow...I didn't know there were that many teens on the board. So I guess I am not alone. I joined when I was 17 and I'm 18 now. I guess I am not as far ahead as I thought I was (for age) I can only bend a blue cut to 4.65-4.75 inches (depending on the day.) And I am waiting for my IM 2 in the mail to see if I can close it. But thats the way things go I have only been training grip for about 1 year.

My question for all the other teens how is your pinch grip I am at 4 10s regularly for a 10-15 second hold...(have done 4 10s with 15# added.)

Wow...I didn't know there were that many teens on the board. So I guess I am not alone. I joined when I was 17 and I'm 18 now. I guess I am not as far ahead as I thought I was (for age) I can only bend a blue cut to 4.65-4.75 inches (depending on the day.) And I am waiting for my IM 2 in the mail to see if I can close it. But thats the way things go I have only been training grip for about 1 year.

My question for all the other teens how is your pinch grip I am at 4 10s regularly for a 10-15 second hold...(have done 4 10s with 15# added.)

That's pretty good for a teenager.

I got air under the 50 lb blob today and the same with 5-10s. I got 5-10s with a bar through easily and I can get the 45 lb blob easily. Wes is just insane and has high pulled the 50 lb blob and I think pinched 2-45s or at least gotten close, not entirely sure though.

That's pretty good for a teenager.

I got air under the 50 lb blob today and the same with 5-10s. I got 5-10s with a bar through easily and I can get the 45 lb blob easily. Wes is just insane and has high pulled the 50 lb blob and I think pinched 2-45s or at least gotten close, not entirely sure though.

Minus the blob it's the same here. I've been training grip for alittle less than a year.