Elite 20mm Block Close

barbe705

16 members have voted

1. 1. is the lift good?

• pass
    • fail

1. chalk only.

2. 20mm block set or wider from 12/31/14 forward.

• Like 1

I failed this because he block measurement was bogus.

The block is a 20mm piece of black pipe, I offer it to the Elite handle for comparison, the Elite handle as we know is 19mm in diameter, the block being slightly bigger@ 20mm, I even explain this in the clip.

It is a legitimate block and the measurement is there!

What more do you require? :huh:

Please explain how a comparison with a known measurement is bogus.

In inspection comparisons, such a pin gauging are a commonly used and often preferred practice both for speed and accuracy!

• Like 1

Also I am already on the list I was merely re-certing to be on the list by the same merit as those going forward.

This feels like a bit of a kick in the stomach to me, I will be failed purely because someone doesn't understand the basic principle of comparison with a known datum.

When the feeling has subsided I may decide to re-cert using a 25mm side of a GHP block just to prove a point but I fail to see why I should have to! :(

• Like 2

A standard set block makes things more clear. I really mean no offence. Its just things should be standard. If you really want to demonstrate its diameter measure it with a digital caliper. I dont think you should get upset, you have the strength. The close isnt the issue, its the block.

Edited by Jose Cabrera

The block is shown to be bigger than the handle of the Elite, which is known to be 19mm, this is called a datum.

Please explain how a comparison with a known measurement is bogus.

In inspection comparisons, such a pin gauging are a commonly used and often preferred practice both for speed and accuracy!

Whatever you say bro. You are comparing something that is 19mm to an assumed 20mm see the problem? I do. Or better yet get a digital caliper, that way there is no question. Explain all you want in the video, doesn't mean I agree with you. I think your measurement is bogus and I stand by it. Edited by EJ Livesey

Here is a measure of my 20mm block using a digital caliper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWyi8g8Bnac&feature=youtu.be

You can now reverse you voting. Thank you!

Unfortunately post measurement videos do not count...I voted pass but I can see there hesitation but since you closed it so easily I passed it. I am not allowed to put my 14# sledge choke video up for Feat Judging despite it being the same sledge that was used at NAGS and taking all the other measurements for bench height and weighing the sledge; so I understand your frustration. Just re-do it and smash that Elite closed after you measure the block with a caliper, unfortunately I cannot repeat the sledge choke only about 1x/month due to pain it causes in my wrist for a few weeks following doing it!!

I originally voted pass, but then I read thought about Luke's Sledge Choke video being disallowed due to not actually measuring the handle, so I changed my vote.

I think we should err on strictness and have good measurements on video. While I do not doubt you that the pipe is at least 20-mm, I think it's possible someone could see this and do the same thing, but switch the bar with a smaller one off camera. People are punks.

Maybe something needs to be written into the rules about a measurement being taken. Not sure.

• Like 2

I originally voted pass, but then I read thought about Luke's Sledge Choke video being disallowed due to not actually measuring the handle, so I changed my vote.

I think we should err on strictness and have good measurements on video. While I do not doubt you that the pipe is at least 20-mm, I think it's possible someone could see this and do the same thing, but switch the bar with a smaller one off camera. People are punks.

Maybe something needs to be written into the rules about a measurement being taken. Not sure.

People could measure a bar with a digital caliper and still switch it for a smaller bar, people could remove the GHP sticker and place it on a smaller block, will there be a requirement for a measurement of ALL blocks.

As RB handles are known to be 20mm in diameter I shall, if I bother re-certing, use an RB handle as my 20mm block.

I'll freely admit that I'm one of the biggest pedants going but there should always be room for common sense and fair play to prevail over petty minded pedantry, there was quite obviously no feat cheat in play.

Edited by Autolupus