The Rules

Bill Piche

These are good straightforward rules. My only concern is that some of us who live outside of the gripper hub may have to drive an unreasonable distance to meet with out witness. Maybe that's the best we can do until the number of grip nuts increase around the globe.

These are good straightforward rules.  My only concern is that some of us who live outside of the gripper hub may have to drive an unreasonable distance to meet with out witness.  Maybe that's the best we can do until the number of grip nuts increase around the globe.

The number of witnessed will be the limiting factor. The grippers will TRAVEL to the witnesses whereever they are. The grippers will not be stationary at the witnesses. They get deployed to the witnesses.

How about no bracing during the set?

A brace can be left at 1", but it gives absolute max leverage to hold the gripper, no slippage during the set, which can be a problem.

These are good straightforward rules.  My only concern is that some of us who live outside of the gripper hub may have to drive an unreasonable distance to meet with out witness.  Maybe that's the best we can do until the number of grip nuts increase around the globe.

The number of witnessed will be the limiting factor. The grippers will TRAVEL to the witnesses whereever they are. The grippers will not be stationary at the witnesses. They get deployed to the witnesses.

That's how I understood it. I was referring to the potential long distance drive from the gripster's house to the witness's house.

How about no bracing during the set?

A brace can be left at 1", but it gives absolute max leverage to hold the gripper, no slippage during the set, which can be a problem.

Heath, could you expand with an example so we can be specific on what constitutes a brace?

All you have to do is brace you closing hand/arm on your leg to better the set. It's like bracing for a bend.

All you have to do is brace you closing hand/arm on your leg to better the set. It's like bracing for a bend.

Got it. New rule added! Thanks Heath!

What about the use of choker collars (or similar devices) to aid with the set?

What about the use of choker collars (or similar devices) to aid with the set?

Heck no. That's a partial movement as well. I don't think we have to add that type of rule do we? :)

11. The gripper can not be modified in any way before the close

^.... ?

If they did, the witness would be instructed to hit them over the head. :laugh

• 4 months later...

Wanna,

Since the new set rule by Ironmind has started, will members still have to be a certified captain of crush to attempt a MMG1, or will a picture showing proof of a 3 close be good enough evidence?

Thanks,

Sean

Wanna,

Since the new set rule by Ironmind has started, will members still have to be a certified captain of crush to attempt a MMG1, or will a picture showing proof of a 3 close be good enough evidence?

Thanks,

Sean

They did not have to be a COC first.

This is what it says:

No member can attempt the "Elite" Classification unless they have at least been witnessed closing a #3 gripper and submitted a picture to Wannagrip as proof.

Witnessing doesn't mean being witnessed according to IronMind's now ever changing cert process.

K, thanks bill must have missed that in the rules.

• 2 years later...

"11. The witness must be a member in good standing on the GripBoard. "

will be easy for me to cert then. its like 2-3 norwegians on gripboard . :p and they live far away. :(

Thats no problem at all.

Let someome sign up and be the 'witness' which basically means the manager of the whole process.

The witness won't judge the attempt (when the MM cert process started that was the case) so it really doesn't matter.

Even a family member is fine.

• 2 months later...
Is there a specific waiting period between certs?

Yeah, when the gripper gets back and everything is set according to the sign up list. Cert fee is sent in, which you have not done yet for example.

You are up next, but the gripper was just in Finland and is on it's way back.

Is there a specific waiting period between certs?

Yeah, when the gripper gets back and everything is set according to the sign up list. Cert fee is sent in, which you have not done yet for example.

You are up next, but the gripper was just in Finland and is on it's way back.

I thought you wanted to wait 'till the gripper got back home for the fee, but if yer' in a hurry, I can get it to you tomm-