New Pinch Block!

Strongmanpharmd

Not training related...just wanted to show off my new pinch block a buddy of mine welded up for me! Lots of One-Hand Pinch work coming up! post-23631-0-09039500-1407259092_thumb.j

• Like 6

I bet you would have no real problems selling a few of these.

I suppose I should wipe the dust off mine then chalk it up. Gotta get ready for the King Kong grip thing.

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 2

Looks nice! Having a buddy that can weld is a good way to build your collection of grip gear for a reasonable price.

I got to play with the block in between deadlift sets tonight and worked up to ~68lbs (55lbs in plates and the block/pin weighs almost 13lbs). I think it's a good start for the first time. I'll give it another run next week and try it out fresh to see what I can really do.

Wish I could see what it looks like. It says I don't have permission to view the attachment. Sounds like a strong start on pinching though!

Looks to be a really sharp part on the upper right, hit it with a angle grinder. Other than that it looks great

Yeah this pick was when it was still at his shop...all the edges were ground and a rough spot or two was taken down.

He said he'd be okay with building a couple more if anyone was interested in buying one. Not sure what a fair price would be but he's open to the idea.

Oh good

One of the best things about RHS pinch blocks is they don't chew up your thumb webbing!

As I've previously mentioned - I train with one pretty much every Sunday arvo.

One of the best things about RHS pinch blocks is they don't chew up your thumb webbing!

As I've previously mentioned - I train with one pretty much every Sunday arvo.

What does "RHS" mean?

Ooops - sorry Ben: Rectangular Hollow Section.

In this modern age of "acronyming" everything seems to be the norm.

LOL (laugh out loud)

Dave

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hows the pinching going?

Not bad...I've been training my left hand a bit to keep it fresher for the Hub since it's the 3rd event at King King. I matched my right hand PR with my left so that was a plus!