Haugen 65 Inch Reps For 65th Bday

jvance

Wow...that's all I can say. Endurance, strength, grit....and at 65 years old!

I would love to hear feedback how long he would take to recover from it. Heck, a 20 year old would be put in traction would be my guess from this IF they were able to even do it.

He emailed me a few minutes ago and said:

Couple of days at most. I did the 65 on Fridays evening, trained strongman events on Sunday including sets of 50-60ft farmers walk with 264lb, 308lb, and 351lb per hand. J

• Like 1

I saw him in July at the Fit Expo, and in my opinion, he had a serious ankle injury. He hurt it COMPETING in MAS Wrestling. He had competed in the Axle and Rolling Thunder earlier that day, and had a really good Rolling Thunder day. So he is limping around, obviously in pain, and I figured at Age 64 he was simply involved in foolish behavior for a man his age, and just "knew" he had really done it to himself this time. He wasn't limping, it was serious hobbling. I meant to email him to see how he was doing, but never did. Now this...

This is just plain "not normal". He really is a Freak of Nature. The more I think about it, I think it is just amazing.

Wow...that's all I can say. Endurance, strength, grit....and at 65 years old!

I would love to hear feedback how long he would take to recover from it. Heck, a 20 year old would be put in traction would be my guess from this IF they were able to even do it.

Bill that's an interesting question. Odd did 32-33 reps per hand so as a percentage of max strength, the lift has to have been "fairly" easy for him. I'm just going to guess he will recover pretty quickly. He has a lifetime of heavy hard training behind him - and is "work hardened" for lack of a better term.

Well, my experience so far has been is the "mileage" does not harden you as you age. It has a tendency to make you more fragile and all those injuries and misguidings you had over and over while young present themselves. It's called wearing down the body. The body is not made out of titanium that gets even harder and better as we age.

Which is why hip replacements, shoulder replacements, etc. happen especially for lifters, highland games guys, etc. that abused their bodies by all the max lifting. So, if what you say is truly the case he is an exception and truly a freak of nature.

Incredible...shows "age is only in the mind" What a an athlete and what a feat :bow