Nerve Damage- Anyone?

hiteck88

I have a tingling sensation in my left hand and i was wondering if you have experienced the same and if you think this could be a nerve damage?

I have been training grip for about 16 months now, grippers mostly, and some bending.

i appreciate all responses.

I would say it's probably not nerve damage unless it persists even when you take extended time off. There is not a lot of room in the hands so even a little inflammation or swelling can crowd the nerves. Take time off and see if it goes away. If it doesn't, see a doctor.

Be careful bro, it could be a nerve-entrapment, look it up on ´Carpal tunnel syndrome´ or ´radial tunnel syndrome´. It could be a nerve that becomes trapped

between fastgrowing muscle tissue, hence the ´tingling´ sensation. There´s difference in the area of the hand that´s ´tingling´. For instance the side of the hand at pinky side or the upper handside. In both cases, some massaging and rest can help. But I´m no doctor, so if it persists, I´d definitly go to a doctor.

I would say it's probably not nerve damage unless it persists even when you take extended time off. There is not a lot of room in the hands so even a little inflammation or swelling can crowd the nerves. Take time off and see if it goes away. If it doesn't, see a doctor.

Thanks, i will take a week off and see what happens.

I used to have rsi which is now semi-permanent (constant typing sets it off) and I would get tingling in my hand. Take a few days off and try not too much it too much, and see what happens. If it persists, I'd recommend seeing a doctor. It might be nothing, but it's not worth taking the risk.

• 2 years later...

I get that too when I've done too much grip, especially grippers.

I get it at night, not so much during the day.

When it was at its worst I could wake up and have almost paralyzed hands with severe tingeling.

I had to stretch and try to move my hands to get it to stop or ease up.

It depends on a lot with tingling. It could be this or that. I had that problem... Still do If I go crazy training. I was doing high volume- Kinney volume... Exactly the way he said. I would wake up all numb and tingling. The pinkie and ring finger is not carpal tunnel... The mid, index, and thumb is... And the spot between your thumb pad near your wrist. I got tested and they said I had it. And wanted to operate. I said no way. Took six months off and now I have been training with less volume and only slight tingling but it's rare now. Stretching and extensor work is crucial. I don't want to say take as long as I did... But when you start getting that much tingling your blood flow suffers.. And you start to lose strength. My thumbs were the first to weaken. I was squeezing 55lbs. With my thumbs on the TTK... And then it was 50, then 45, etc. so just listen to your body, take small breaks... And go from there. Lots of extensor work to help balance you out. And nerve damage, it would take a long time for that to happen... So don't get nervous.