The Grip Twister

Jörg Keilbach

I have a new piece of equipment, that i use for rehabilitating my tennis elbow. I don't know the manufactor, but it is called "The Grip Twister". It is similar to the "Twist Yo'Wrist" from Iron Mind. As with the Side Winder you don't need any weights.

post-23564-0-42247800-1430407576_thumb.j

Ohhh that kitty is sooo sweet ;-)

It wants to say: "When i´m big i will also play with that thing"

Where did you get yours? from Korte? Choice of Champions

Her name is Heidi. She is 10 weeks old. Yes i got it from Korte.

• Like 1

That looks really cool, I've been looking for something similar here in the states. the problem with the twist yo wrist is the resistance only really works in one direction.

I like this device.

It is from the states it's made by the people who make sidewinder and is on Amazon. I just got one last week it's very heavy duty I like it better than my twist yo wrist.I ordered from the website not on Amazon.only con it was not cheap shipping to Canada.

Sidewinder makes great products, but they are ridiculously overpriced.

• 2 weeks later...

How much are these sold for?

According to their website the price is $124.90 (w/free shipping)

Dave

Sidewinder makes great products, but they are ridiculously overpriced.

I agree and yet disagree. Paying the money for my wrist roller was a bit of a sting, but god damn I love that roller. I use it nearly everyday and it is built like a brick poophouse.

Jorg,

How much of this do you feel in the actual wrists? Or is it more of a finger exercise due to the diameter?

Antony,

you feel it mostly in the wrists but also in the hands. The biceps works hard too.

• Like 1

Antony,

you feel it mostly in the wrists but also in the hands. The biceps works hard too.

Thank you sir

You are very welcom!

Which style of grip will this mainly work or is it aimed more at the wrists?

Can this benefit crushing strength at all?

Gripper closes?

Edited by kwakamoto
  • Like 1

Seriously thinking of getting one, may be (is!) expensive but looks like it will last a lifetime.

• Like 1

What I really like about this is that it applies the same resistance in the downward motion as it does in the upward. A big flaw with the twist yo wrist is it is really only challenging to roll the weight up, but gravity helps you roll it down.

Which style of grip will this mainly work or is it aimed more at the wrists?

Can this benefit crushing strength at all?

Gripper closes?

It will mostly help for lifting the hub but it is mostly aimed at the wrist. I think it is very good for hand health.

Seriously thinking of getting one, may be (is!) expensive but looks like it will last a lifetime.

i will defenitly!

What I really like about this is that it applies the same resistance in the downward motion as it does in the upward. A big flaw with the twist yo wrist is it is really only challenging to roll the weight up, but gravity helps you roll it down.

I think it is very good when you are injured. There is no excentric movement.

There is no excentric movement.

You mean on the Twist yo Wrist?

No i mean the Grip Twister. Only isometric and consentric movements.

Exactly right Anthony, same resistance in both directions, so you don't have to make full revolutions...just a back and forth motion is all you need....after I saw this post last week (Thanks Jorg) I became interested and started looking it up online for more info....I liked what I saw and read so I purchased 2 of them....one for me and one for my dad who has arthritis in both his wrists. I ordered them on weds and received them on friday, very fast shipping. I ordered direct from their website. They even have a 12% discount if you order 2 or more of there products. The Grip Twister is built like a tank...nicely knurled and smooth as silk, and weighs 3 1/2 lbs...you can adjust it from super easy to impossible lol....You can feel that it is a very well made item...no cheap plastic, all solid anodized aluminum ...this beast should last a liftime....leave it in your will lol.....if you look on their facebook page they have a nice video of what you can do with the Grip twister. ...the first time I used it I just started with my thumbs laying fully on each side and parallel to each side and just started twisting it back and forth...I got a cramp in a part of my forearm I never felt before lol.

expensive yes....but built to last.....and most importantly....it works

Regards,

Dave

• Like 2

Exactly right Anthony, same resistance in both directions, so you don't have to make full revolutions...just a back and forth motion is all you need....after I saw this post last week (Thanks Jorg) I became interested and started looking it up online for more info....I liked what I saw and read so I purchased 2 of them....one for me and one for my dad who has arthritis in both his wrists. I ordered them on weds and received them on friday, very fast shipping. I ordered direct from their website. They even have a 12% discount if you order 2 or more of there products. The Grip Twister is built like a tank...nicely knurled and smooth as silk, and weighs 3 1/2 lbs...you can adjust it from super easy to impossible lol....You can feel that it is a very well made item...no cheap plastic, all solid anodized aluminum ...this beast should last a liftime....leave it in your will lol.....if you look on their facebook page they have a nice video of what you can do with the Grip twister. ...the first time I used it I just started with my thumbs laying fully on each side and parallel to each side and just started twisting it back and forth...I got a cramp in a part of my forearm I never felt before lol.

expensive yes....but built to last.....and most importantly....it works

Regards,

Dave

Yeah I hear you, I own the sidewinder and would never part with it. I do want to buy this and will eventually buy it, but there are also other things I want to get lol. I need a crusher and some steel.

I actually use the end of the SideWinder to turn like a doorknob. It's not the diameter of the Twister, of course, but gives a great pump to that bubble above the elbow.

As a result of the posts about the Grip Twister on The Gripboard I went to the SideWinder Website, Sat. 3-16 and ordered one.

The price on the Website was $124.90 vs. $134.99 from Amazon - both with free shipping. The Grip Twister came in today's mail, Wed. 3-20.

It is a little costly, but well made - the turning is very smooth and can be set to impossible movement. My first review of this product is very favorable.

• Like 1