Question about Progressing from ironmind pads to leathers?

Briso

Hi guys

I've always bent in single ironmind wraps and done all my certification bends in those. 

Im curious as to how people progress onto the leather wraps. I've tried them a few times and they just feel so inflexible and weird to me at present. 

Is there anything I should be doing to make these wraps softer and easier to manage? 

• Like 1

YMMV but with the bigger wraps it took a lot for them to be usable, but once they were, the results were great.  

The BBW's are the hardest to break in, I washed them about 8 times I think, wash and dry cycles.  I never washed my leathers (and would argue against that), but just kept bending in them.  

If I could break in the leathers again, I would bend them on bars that are not PR attempts, but that are "hard" but are used with bars you know you will bend.  For me a lot of plateaus or sticking points are mentally associated with failure, so if you want to use leather wraps in the future, don't fail with them until they're broken in.  

I would guess for you that a red nail is a good bar to use for this - you can put a decent amount of force into it so that the leathers start to become less slippery and rigid, but there's no risk of not bending it.  

Good luck!

• Like 2