Blob auxiliary exercises for index finger on top

wobbler

I have 7 5/8 hands, best blob lift so far is 40.7 USA with all 4 fingers. Floated it with 5 extra lbs.

I have a 45 pre usa and a blob50, but I think they might be too wide to get all 4 fingers on them reliably. I can't lift the 40 with 3 fingers (index on top) so the obvious answer is start training that way, but I think the width and extra slope is the killer here. Maybe I just need to tilt it more, take advantage of the fingers further down the side. Or a deloading platform / assist breaking off the ground with the other hand. Going to try a few of these things Monday and see how it goes.

My question is, what other exercises might help? Feels like I need more strength in folding my palm. I do thumb/palm imtug closes and sledge fingerwalks most days (except I rest 2 days before real blob work.) But those don't work strength at the right width.

Anyone else get stuck and have to switch up like this? Or am I on the wrong track, should I just work through it with all 4 fingers?

Even if it's ugly (wrist tilt) I want to break that 45 off the ground in the next few months.

Make a block as wide as you want, attach a light band (or a cable) to it, walk it out horizontally, and do two finger (index/middle) wrist curls with your palm facing down. You could also just do two finger holds or lifts with lighter weight. You could also try two finger block curls on the same wide block you make.

• Like 1

I can lift my 30lb blob middle only, 35 with any 2 fingers, but even ring and pinky doesn't feel like the palm is doing enough work, or wide enough. I will try something for wrist work like you described though. I am working on a blob50 replica in concrete that should be 20lbs, plate loadable, so that's my backup plan. Urethane rubber mold with expanding foam parent mold. I also got a good deal on some loadable blob replicas on ebay so I'll work 3 finger lifts with those.

Big ask, but I am hoping for a new idea with minimal equipment so I can do it at my desk.

20160922_193038.jpg

• Like 1

This one should be legit, especially after some rustoleum bbq paint (I think that was the original finish on the blob50s, can anyone confirm?)

Trying it first with quick Crete countertop mix, if texture isn't right I have another glass fiber reinforced concrete mix that I know will work, it will pick up fingerprints on the mold so texture should be exact.

3/4 npt pipe that fits 1" standard plates.

• Like 1

Made some progress with index on top, if nothing else the adjusted position for 3 fingers felt better than usual when I put the index back on. Got a 40.7lb USA blob lift with index on top. Other stuff too in my log. Got a little more wrist tilt but not much. Didn't make time to mess with blob trainer stuff.