Home Made Monster

Roger Roberson

Well here it is and it isnt the pretty thing in the world but it's stout. It may be just sightly Easyer then my BB Thor 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Another monster gripper 7/16 inch  truck shock spring / bolt. This one will be able to train with the other was way to hard.

IMG_0397.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roger Roberson said:

Another monster gripper 7/16 inch  truck shock spring / bolt. This one will be able to train with the other was way to hard.

IMG_0397.JPG

Do you weld the spring piece to the handle? Just wondering if that changes the strength of the spring, since heat is used to give Springs their springiness?

I don't guess there is any other way to attach the spring piece to the handle though. 

Just be careful dude. Negatives are the most dangerous way to train crush. A couple of guys have badly damaged their hands going to heavy with negatives. 

It's not welded just taped it round enough to fit pipe snug the spring is 5inch long .

yeah when I do the negatives I use a padded glove for high reps. Bruised my palm awhile back without it. Without the glove it's Easyer to hold shut but not good on bare skin

17 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

It's not welded just taped it round enough to fit pipe snug the spring is 5inch long .

yeah when I do the negatives I use a padded glove for high reps. Bruised my palm awhile back without it. Without the glove it's Easyer to hold shut but not good on bare skin

The bruised palm isn't the only thing to worry about. Gabriel Sum use to be one of the best with grippers and he tore something in his hand from negatives. The story is posted somewhere on the board. It has taken him years to get some of the strength back and he is no where near what he use to be. 

thanks man I'll keep that in mind. I hurt my wrist awhile back it's still not 100% so probaly want be doing a lot of high reps until healed up