First ever 2" V bar lifts!

Daniel Fleming

Just received it on the 19th and was waiting for my thumb webbing to heal before I used it!

I had been wanting to try one of these for a while now and I finally had my chance!

Here's 252.2 and 259.2!

Bodyweight: 178.6lbs

• Like 8

Was that using chalk or 'liquid chalk' (which is not allowed in grip comps)? Just curious as it did not look like there was any chalk on the bar. I remember my 2'' vbar being extremely slippery with chalk before it got seasoned.

You're a freaking beast Dan!! What besides holding on to a vibrating tattoo needle for long periods of time do you think you can attribute your grip success in such a short time?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Great pulls!

Thanks a lot, man!!

8 hours ago, Tom Scibelli said:

Delmar got it right, you are a beast!

Haha, thanks dude :)

6 hours ago, KapMan said:

ugh..

Aside from that, great lift man you are a manimal.

;)  Thanks man.

11 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Was that using chalk or 'liquid chalk' (which is not allowed in grip comps)? Just curious as it did not look like there was any chalk on the bar. I remember my 2'' vbar being extremely slippery with chalk before it got seasoned.

I was using regular chalk (Black Diamond - White Gold)
It was too slippery to just chalk up my hands and pull.   Id wipe any excess moisture off the V bar handle with a slightly chalked up rag, then chalk my hands and smack them on my pants until the perfect amount of chalk was left.
Just enough chalk on my hands to eliminate sweaty fingertips!

Its a fine line between too little chalk, and too much.
Im curious to see how it'll feel once its seasoned!

11 hours ago, acromegaman said:

You're a freaking beast Dan!! What besides holding on to a vibrating tattoo needle for long periods of time do you think you can attribute your grip success in such a short time?

Thanks Delmar!!   

Although holding a tattoo machine all day probably helps improve grip, I dont think that much of my strength comes from there.   Like when I posted my 95.2lb flask lift with my off hand, my off hand is barely used when tattoo.  Only to stretch the skin.  So not squeezing at all.  Yet I pinched only 5lbs under my right hand PR.

Im honestly still trying to figure out where my strength on some grip implements comes from, but I have some ideas.

Almost everything Ive been involved in has had to do with hand/finger strength.

I think skateboarding helped. For 15 years I was pinching a plank of wood all day.  Switching hands too.
Ive been playing guitar for 10+ years.
Ive always been able to throw really far and fast, ever since I could throw. So some of my strength must be genetic.
I was a mover for 3 years hoisting really heavy boxes up and down stairs all day.
I climbed/bouldered last year for 7-8 months.  2-3 days a week.
As for wrist and thick bar stuff,  my armwrestling training that Ive done for 2-3 years mustve helped. Mostly the declined fat grip wrist curls I was doing, and fat grip pullups.

That's pretty much everything I can think of off the top of my head that wouldve helped contribute to strength in grip sport.

Edited by Daniel Fleming
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bencrush said:

Great pulls, Daniel! 

Thanks Ben! :)