Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wannagrip

New World Record By Gripboard Member Steve Weiner!

40 posts in this topic

Awesome, Steve is the man!

1 person likes this

Congrats Steve - hands sore after that I bet.

Very nice! Seems like a nice guy too. Nice to actually see the face after reading posts from him throughout the years.

Awesome haha time for a contrast bath!

The Video production may have been the best "grip" one ever, anywhere. Pretty darn awesome. Congratulations Steve!

1 person likes this

Steve was a natural too IMO. High energy with a presence that just wreaked of confidence. That made it even more impressive.

Congrats!

Impressive work Steve, congratulations!

I'm not sure what to say, kind of speechless! That WAS impressive! Congrats on being a world record holder!

Congrats Steve! Very impressive. I'm proud that you served as my COC #3 cert judge.

Congrats, Steve!

Congrats Steve! Very impressive.

Awesome job Steve!!!!

Out of curiosity, what brand/model of frying pan was that? I would guess they have some standard for them.

Thanks for the very kind sentiments everybody.

Bill- I was referred by somebody I know for the show. Casting called me and I had to go through a very elaborate screening process and had to follow Guinness' very strict rules once I was selected to appear on the show. The stage is very brightly lit, and very hot because of the lights. I only had one chance at my record attempt. There is a strict set of rules and standards that Guinness sets for all record attempts that are made. The crowd is very loud and the building they tape the show in is an oild airplane hangar, so all the cheering reverberates off the ceiling and walls making it very hard to hear the judge when he counted me down. There is no clock to watch, so it makes it difficult to judge your time. I had a great time and was treated well. All in all, it was an experience I will never forget.

Martin- I used Tramontina pans which were within their specifications. An official from Guinness made sure that they were up to snuff.

3 people like this

As far as soreness went, I was not sore, but just a bit more tired than usual, although the skin on my hands was a bit tender due to all the friction from rolling so many pans in such a short time. Including the pans I warmed up with, the pans I rolled during my attempt, the pans I rolled for for a photo shoot I did after my attempt and the pans I rolled for some of the crew for souvenirs, I rolled exactly two dozen pans that day.

1 person likes this

Great job...the amount you rolled for the day is crazy. Congrats on the record