NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hey guys, my name is Nick and I'm 19 years old. I'm 6'0 and 182lbs (going to cut to 160-165 and build up). I've been training grip for a month so far and its definitely my favorite thing to train. Grip training really helped me get back into a gym routine when I fell off the wagon for awhile. Currently I can close the CoC#1 (right hand), pinch 2 22lb plates, finger curl 90lbs for 15reps and wrist curl 30lbs for 15 reps. 

Long term goal is to close the #3, but I'd love to close the #4. Maybe do some grip sports when I feel like I'm ready. For now I will continue to do the beginner routine until I feel like I could move on.

Edited by PrincePike

4 hours ago, PrincePike said:

Hey guys, my name is Nick and I'm 19 years old. I'm 6'0 and 182lbs (going to cut to 160-165 and build up). I've been training grip for a month so far and its definitely my favorite thing to train. Grip training really helped me get back into a gym routine when I fell off the wagon for awhile. Currently I can close the CoC#1 (right hand), pinch 2 22lb plates, finger curl 90lbs for 15reps and wrist curl 30lbs for 15 reps. 

Long term goal is to close the #3, but I'd love to close the #4. Maybe do some grip sports when I feel like I'm ready. For now I will continue to do the beginner routine until I feel like I could move on.

Welcome Nick! @PrincePike

Hi my name is Morgan. I am 27 years old, 6'4 and 220lbs. I have been mainly focusing on bodybuilding for the last 8 years. I just start doing grip work out from last month. Currently I can close #3(CPW 156) with deep set and my goal is to get certificate in COC3.5 and GHP8. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Hi my name is Morgan. I am 27 years old, 6'4 and 220lbs. I have been mainly focusing on bodybuilding for the last 8 years. I just start doing grip work out from last month. Currently I can close #3(CPW 156) with deep set and my goal is to get certificate in COC3.5 and GHP8. 

Welcome! @Morgan

Hey guys - getting serious about training grip and learned about the board, so I'm graduating from just Instagram.  Looking forward to getting better and learning from everyone!

8 hours ago, Bryan Hunsaker said:

Hey guys - getting serious about training grip and learned about the board, so I'm graduating from just Instagram.  Looking forward to getting better and learning from everyone!

Welcome to the Gripboard @Bryan Hunsaker!

Hi,   I'm 5'10'' about 173 lbs. I used to train on a Power Lifting team & competed in a few meets (165 lb weight class)  I'm old enough to had bought (& read) Dinosaur Training when it 1 st came out  :-)  I used to train at the commercial gym certain days & other days in the cellar with a couple of the guys.  The gym was totally hardcore, it was in an old factory building. The running joke was that there were more 100 lb plates then there were female members.  The place closed down about 10 yrs ago & condos were built where the gym used to be.  Since then some of the guys moved away, a couple passed away & a few stopped lifting or don't lift hardcore anymore.   I made my 1 st  two inch thick bar out of galvanized pipe w/ a Harbor Freight welder after reading Dinosaur Training, but mostly used it for standing press.  Thanks to Craigs List I've replaced it with better ones of different thicknesses.     It seems like whenever I did a google search on the topic of grip most times this site would show-up or You Tube videos of GripBoard members.  So this past week I thought to actually log in, etc.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cellar Psycho said:
Hi,   I'm 5'10'' about 173 lbs. I used to train on a Power Lifting team & competed in a few meets (165 lb weight class)  I'm old enough to had bought (& read) Dinosaur Training when it 1 st came out  :-)  I used to train at the commercial gym certain days & other days in the cellar with a couple of the guys.  The gym was totally hardcore, it was in an old factory building. The running joke was that there were more 100 lb plates then there were female members.  The place closed down about 10 yrs ago & condos were built where the gym used to be.  Since then some of the guys moved away, a couple passed away & a few stopped lifting or don't lift hardcore anymore.   I made my 1 st  two inch thick bar out of galvanized pipe w/ a Harbor Freight welder after reading Dinosaur Training, but mostly used it for standing press.  Thanks to Craigs List I've replaced it with better ones of different thicknesses.     It seems like whenever I did a google search on the topic of grip most times this site would show-up or You Tube videos of GripBoard members.  So this past week I thought to actually log in, etc.

Welcome to The gripboard

Rico

I did grip training about 10 years ago. I got an injury that lasted several months, but now I have decided to start again. I am 60. I am training with Heavy Grippers. HG 100 to 250 right now. I would like to close the 300 by the end of the year. I am doing up to 10 reps with the 200 and negatives with the 250. For thumb strength,  I have a dumbbell bar that I put a small amount of weight on and pick up from the end

On 3/21/2016 at 9:29 PM, Cellar Psycho said:

15 hours ago, Chewy77 said:

I did grip training about 10 years ago. I got an injury that lasted several months, but now I have decided to start again. I am 60. I am training with Heavy Grippers. HG 100 to 250 right now. I would like to close the 300 by the end of the year. I am doing up to 10 reps with the 200 and negatives with the 250. For thumb strength,  I have a dumbbell bar that I put a small amount of weight on and pick up from the end

Welcome!

Apparently I have not done this introduction (even though I have a very faded memory of doing such??? might've been some other board or something, or just the old iteration of this board?).

Name is Peter Brännström, from Sweden. Basically, both my training and bodyweight etc has been one of many changes over all the years I've trained now. Light before I started training, then heavy by force while powerlifting, then back to being quite light again over a period of Girevoy Sports-training... all thru out it, some grip-stuff has always been present.
Nowadays I am really lazy, basically just train whatever I am feeling like the most at the moment, been doing lots of armwrestling over the last year (though I still sure suck ass on the table) but now getting back in to bending again (had a long break from that due to me not really finding any way, that I enjoyed at least, of combining the bending+AW) otherwise also really like fishing and bourbon and whisky. :D

Edited by Peter Brannstrom

4 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Hi im Tommy, and im new to this forum. I was a member of a gripboard before. It was an easy forum to use, and i enjoyed frequenting the site. This one is definitely different, and difficult for me to navigate, but im glad to join this new software savvy board. The other gripboard worked fine, but i guess shut down. this one was invented by the Jetsons, for sure. I am so excited.

Welcome! This is the same GripBoard. We have to keep up with current technology. If you do not in today's fast Internet world, you will eventually die for sure as the hardware also gets improved technology wise, etc.

1 hour ago, Peter Brannstrom said:

Apparently I have not done this introduction (even though I have a very faded memory of doing such??? might've been some other board or something, or just the old iteration of this board?).

Name is Peter Brännström, from Sweden. Basically, both my training and bodyweight etc has been one of many changes over all the years I've trained now. Light before I started training, then heavy by force while powerlifting, then back to being quite light again over a period of Girevoy Sports-training... all thru out it, some grip-stuff has always been present.
Nowadays I am really lazy, basically just train whatever I am feeling like the most at the moment, been doing lots of armwrestling over the last year (though I still sure suck ass on the table) but now getting back in to bending again (had a long break from that due to me not really finding any way, that I enjoyed at least, of combining the bending+AW) otherwise also really like fishing and bourbon and whisky. :D

Welcome Peter!

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Adam and I have been focusing specifically on grip training for about  year.  When I started, I struggled to close the CoC 1.5. Now I'm glad to say that I struggle to close my 2.5 from credit card start.

Just recently I started short-bending. I have bent several 60d nails from a hardware store, and lots of CR round stock. Best so far is 1/4" CR cut to 5" with suede wraps DO grip. I'd like to buy some of the IM nails to see where I'm really at, just haven't had the cash.

I do lots of pinch grip stuff, but nothing notable. I recently built a loadable dumbell with a 2.5" handle. Just welded it all up the other day and I'm gonna use it to work up to the baby inch.

I'm an arm wrestler and I compete every chance I get. Hand strength is paramount in arm wrestling and I definitely notice how much more control I have since focusing on my hands for the last year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

My name is Adam and I have been focusing specifically on grip training for about  year.  When I started, I struggled to close the CoC 1.5. Now I'm glad to say that I struggle to close my 2.5 from credit card start.

Just recently I started short-bending. I have bent several 60d nails from a hardware store, and lots of CR round stock. Best so far is 1/4" CR cut to 5" with suede wraps DO grip. I'd like to buy some of the IM nails to see where I'm really at, just haven't had the cash.

I do lots of pinch grip stuff, but nothing notable. I recently built a loadable dumbell with a 2.5" handle. Just welded it all up the other day and I'm gonna use it to work up to the baby inch.

I'm an arm wrestler and I compete every chance I get. Hand strength is paramount in arm wrestling and I definitely notice how much more control I have since focusing on my hands for the last year.

Welcome Adam!

Hi, my name is Shane from Alberta, Canada.  I'm 5'7" and 170lbs and got into grip training by a friend of mine.  Long story short I was in a helicopter crash at work last July which caused some nerve damage in my hands and my buddy thought it would help me get them back in shape.  He hooked me up with the CoC #1 about 3 weeks ago which I closed first try and was immediately addicted to it lol

Since then I have purchased the CoC Trainer, #0.5, #1.5, #2 and #2.5.  I closed both the #1.5 & #2 on my first attempts but I haven't even opened the #2.5 as I found the #2 quite hard to close and figured I would have no chance at the #2.5.

My goal is just to get stronger and rehabilitate my hands.  I would also love to close the #3 some day as well.  I look forward to learning from all you guys.

On 4/9/2016 at 0:33 PM, Shanesaw said:

Hi, my name is Shane from Alberta, Canada.  I'm 5'7" and 170lbs and got into grip training by a friend of mine.  Long story short I was in a helicopter crash at work last July which caused some nerve damage in my hands and my buddy thought it would help me get them back in shape.  He hooked me up with the CoC #1 about 3 weeks ago which I closed first try and was immediately addicted to it lol

Since then I have purchased the CoC Trainer, #0.5, #1.5, #2 and #2.5.  I closed both the #1.5 & #2 on my first attempts but I haven't even opened the #2.5 as I found the #2 quite hard to close and figured I would have no chance at the #2.5.

My goal is just to get stronger and rehabilitate my hands.  I would also love to close the #3 some day as well.  I look forward to learning from all you guys.

Welcome Shane! @Shanesaw

7 hours ago, Mattia gunny said:

Hi i'm Mattia from italy, i'm really happy to enjoy with you my passion for grip training and bending too.

Welcome @Mattia gunny!!

Hi my name is Swein and I'm new here.

I'm from Germany and would like to close COC. 3 ...No.1 i close 25 times and 15 times no.2 both Right Handed.

Also i train on the Rolling thunder where my PB is at 75 kg one rep.

Herzlich willkommen! Von wo kommst du?

Hey everyone

My name's Tim and I'm from Central Jersey. I'm 22 years old, 6'4" around 230. I'm new to the grip world and, like most people, definitely addicted. I first learned about COC back in December after having a little armwrestle with my old man. His hands and wrists are so much beefier than mine, and I wanted to see if there was a way for me to beef mine up even in the smallest amount. After googling and stumbling upon COC and the grip world, I not much later decided to order some. It's been about 4 months and my PR's so far are 22 reps (parallel?) of the #2, 7 ccs reps with the #2, 4 reps with the #2.5 (not ccs), and my closest to the #3 for a parallel set was about 3 or 4 mm from closing. Definitely humbling instruments. Other grip training I started was putting fat gripz on basically any pulling exercise. I've been lifting on and off for over 10 years but due to a freak intestinal surgery and quite a few injuries over the past 6 years, I'm not too serious about it but still try to get some sets in every day. I have a #3.5 calibrated at 179 coming in the mail now so I can do heavy negatives. I'm not much of an internet community guy but after much research, youtube watching, and forum reading it seems joining the Gripboard was the way to go. The info everyone provides and the want to help each other succeed with feats of strength is awesome and I appreciate it so much already! I don't really have many questions that I haven't already found the answers to on here, but I'm sure I will have some in the future. My goals are to certify on the #3 and perhaps even the #3.5 someday and to be able to overpower my dad's gorilla hands & wrists before he gets too old. I may try to get into amateur armwrestling as well if life permits it. Anyways, happy to be aboard Gripboard :)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

Hey everyone

My name's Tim and I'm from Central Jersey. I'm 22 years old, 6'4" around 230. I'm new to the grip world and, like most people, definitely addicted. I first learned about COC back in December after having a little armwrestle with my old man. His hands and wrists are so much beefier than mine, and I wanted to see if there was a way for me to beef mine up even in the smallest amount. After googling and stumbling upon COC and the grip world, I not much later decided to order some. It's been about 4 months and my PR's so far are 22 reps (parallel?) of the #2, 7 ccs reps with the #2, 4 reps with the #2.5 (not ccs), and my closest to the #3 for a parallel set was about 3 or 4 mm from closing. Definitely humbling instruments. Other grip training I started was putting fat gripz on basically any pulling exercise. I've been lifting on and off for over 10 years but due to a freak intestinal surgery and quite a few injuries over the past 6 years, I'm not too serious about it but still try to get some sets in every day. I have a #3.5 calibrated at 179 coming in the mail now so I can do heavy negatives. I'm not much of an internet community guy but after much research, youtube watching, and forum reading it seems joining the Gripboard was the way to go. The info everyone provides and the want to help each other succeed with feats of strength is awesome and I appreciate it so much already! I don't really have many questions that I haven't already found the answers to on here, but I'm sure I will have some in the future. My goals are to certify on the #3 and perhaps even the #3.5 someday and to be able to overpower my dad's gorilla hands & wrists before he gets too old. I may try to get into amateur armwrestling as well if life permits it. Anyways, happy to be aboard Gripboard :)

Welcome Tim! @temmmeeee

16 hours ago, Jörg Keilbach said:

Herzlich willkommen! Von wo kommst du?

Guten Morgen, komme aus NRW nähe Köln.  wir sind nicht die einzigen Deutschen hier oder?? :-)

1 hour ago, Swein said:

Guten Morgen, komme aus NRW nähe Köln.  wir sind nicht die einzigen Deutschen hier oder?? :-)

Ne, aber im Moment ist keiner aktiv. Ich bin aus Bayern.