2024 June - North American Grip Sport Championships - Yves Gravelle

Eric Roussin

• Like 5

Yves is strong for sure, but his explosiveness is the real show. I hope he decides to move his primary focus to grip for a year or two. While I doubt he would have a shot at the overall like he mentioned, he could be a force up into the middle weight classes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WorksinaPinch said:

Yves is strong for sure, but his explosiveness is the real show. I hope he decides to move his primary focus to grip for a year or two. While I doubt he would have a shot at the overall like he mentioned, he could be a force up into the middle weight classes.

He’s not shooting for first overall, but he does think he could possibly crack the top ten overall in King Kong, which would be super impressive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

He’s not shooting for first overall, but he does think he could possibly crack the top ten overall in King Kong, which would be super impressive.

A 66kg guy in the King Kong top ten would have to be talked about as one of the most impressive King Kong performances ever. I hope he can get there.

Edited by WorksinaPinch
  • Like 2

Carter Colleaux came 3rd overall last year and is in the 83kg class. I think as he doesn't have as much 'grip presence' on social media this doesn't get the appreciation it deserves. 

As an 83kg competitor the fact I nearly need to top the 93kg class to beat Yves 2 3/8 Napalm record is crazy though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PinchByPinch said:

Carter Colleaux came 3rd overall last year and is in the 83kg class. I think as he doesn't have as much 'grip presence' on social media this doesn't get the appreciation it deserves. 

As an 83kg competitor the fact I nearly need to top the 93kg class to beat Yves 2 3/8 Napalm record is crazy though. 

I agree. Carter’s a beast, but because of his very limited social media presence and the fact that he’s only competed in two grip contests makes it easy to forget about him. The one question I have about him relates to his ability on the heavy two-handed lifts. When I competed against him at the 2022 Canadian Nationals it was clear that his back strength was the limiting factor on the axle. He’d need to work on this to become a threat in any grip contest, just as Tanner Merkle had to do (and did) a few years ago.

• Like 4