#3 No Set

viper

That was hard to tell the set on...I could vaguely see the number, try when there is better lighting. Good job!!

That was hard to tell the set on...I could vaguely see the number, try when there is better lighting. Good job!!

cheers guys

i dont know what you mean by the set on? there was no set

ill get better vids in future dont worry (lights are working now!), reps will be next

cheers guys

ill get better vids in future dont worry (lights are working now!), reps will be next

It was hard to tell is what I meant I could see you clearly closed it though!

cheers guys

It was hard to tell is what I meant I could see you clearly closed it though!

i know the lights bad but you can see i take my other hand away bout 5 seconds before i shut it

Nice close man. Isnt no set when you pick it up off the table? with no assistance of any kind from the other hand?...it seemed like you lightly set it.....

still a great close.

Nice close man. Isnt no set when you pick it up off the table? with no assistance of any kind from the other hand?...it seemed like you lightly set it.....

still a great close.

i think your confusing it with a total no set - the only thing i was using my other hand for was to put the gripper in my hand, it was completely open in my hand, and i shut it with 1 hand, thats a no set...ill do a tns in the future if you like, its just hard to position the gripper in your hand when you can only use that hand to place it there, i wouldnt say doing so would make it any harder as far as what your level of grip has to be

Edited by viper

my mistake, i was under the impression that TNS and NS was same thing. For me the hardest part is picking up the gripper and doing TNS....most of my closes are NS.

my mistake, i was under the impression that TNS and NS was same thing. For me the hardest part is picking up the gripper and doing TNS....most of my closes are NS.

meant to say table no set

Nice work :rock

cheers guys

im 100% sure ill smash the handles of a #4 together just the same someday, i came as close as possible (i wasnt 100% sure it was shut so im saying it wasnt) to shuting my hard #3 before this close, soon as that things easy im ordering a #4

Do you have any grippers that are close to the #4. Get ready to feel the sheer horror and power of the dreaded #4, keep at it though ! - Nice close.

cheers guys

ill maybe get some other tougher grippers also, but from what i can gather my hard #3 is at least 3.3 as its harder than my rb240, which is a good bit harder than my rb210, which is a good bit harder than my hg300, which is a good bit harder than my #2..haha you get the point

also an average #3 is roughly 77% of an average #4, its just it takes most people a long time to reach the level of #3, adding another 23% to get to the #4 level at that point is a huge ask, an most cant do it, so the #4 feels like a brick - its like trying to squat more than your max, you can only go down

For me ive got to the level i can no set a #3 in about 7 months (5 of which with the grippers), an ive only just turned 20 years old - in my mind theres no chance i wont rep the #4 in the future, never mind close it

well done!

- in my mind theres no chance i wont rep the #4 in the future, never mind close it

Most of the #3 closers have felt this at some point. I certainly thought I would close a #4 one day. A few years down the road reality tends to knock on your door. If you main aim is allround grip strength then you may never close a #4. Look at the best allround grip guys like David Horne, Nick McKinless, Jedd Johnson, Martin Arildsson and Chad Woodall. None of them have closed a #4 and yet they easily dominate #4 closers in allround grip strength competitions.

Mikael - im not saying its an easy task, its just i have decades to close a #4, when ive no set a #3 in 7 months, unless im very lazy (not gonna happen) i feel i will definately shut the #4

my hands are 8.7in

Mikael - im not saying its an easy task, its just i have decades to close a #4, when ive no set a #3 in 7 months, unless im very lazy (not gonna happen) i feel i will definately shut the #4

my hands are 8.7in

Gosh....... My record is still safe! :happy