3/4" X 48" Hr Bar Pr

nickr104

I did a 3/4" X 48" HR bar today. We were out at Chris Rice's place cuting up steel for some stuff we are making. He told me he had some there if I wanted to try. I tried to get the ends crossed, but no luck. Thanks Chris! Here is the pic.

http://www.farmstrength.com/forums/index.p...d=si&img=25

Nick took it down pretty quicky but just couldn't find the right leverage to cross the ends. That's a BIG piece of steel !!!

Excellent bending! I've searched all over the internet and can't find record of a bigger bar being bent. Check out this page http://www.msjsoftware.com/articles/article.asp?ID=43719. You can see that Kaz used to challenge people with that size bar. What was your PR up until this point if I may ask? Hey this isn't the piece that was stuck on climber was it? I haven't tried to fish a 3/4 yet but I can tell I wouldn't be able to do it......yet.

Hey climber, if you can't quite do the 3/4 then 5/8 square is an excellent size to try. I'd rate it at 85 to 90% as tough as the 3/4 so it's still very tough but not quite 3/4 level. Especially since I've searched everywhere and cannot find 11/16 but the 5/8 square should be similiar difficulty.

That's a super-serious size of steel!

Tim

My piece is still just kinked a little bit - the one Nick did was a piece I cut off a new 10' stick I had. I tried to buy some 5/8" square stock but could only find cold roll - figured that was too big a jump for me - I'll find some hot roll one of these days and try that. Nick is just a bunch stronger than I am is all !!!

Nick, thanks for posting that pic and again, awesome job.

Climber, keep at it, if you kinked it then you'll get it one day. I wouldn't go with the CR either because it is way too springy.

Tim

What a nail!!! Very impressive!!