Building A Bigger Engine.

Aroostook Barbell

So I'm looking to build bigger forearms. (here is the place to laugh) In power lifting, when I've been able to put on more mass, on some level, that helped me get a bit stronger, hence building a bigger engine. What are some good exercises to help put on a bit of forearm size? Wrist roller work, forearm curls, ??? I have big hands and use a lot of 2 1/2 and 3" grip products which work well for me. (I love my 3" FBBC wrist roller and crusher) Thanks all.

• Like 1

Chris Rice talked about a program called "power forearms" that I use a version of when I'm looking to pack on some more size. I switched out the club and barbell move for the Wrist Thing and Climber Curl. Let me see if I can find the post.

That's awesome Andrew!!! Thank you so much.

I have the Vhs tape of this and converted DVD. Anybody wants to see it lmk. I'll dig it up.

Funny thing Tony Horton of P90X was part of Health for Life videos.

Ceya!

So I'm looking to build bigger forearms. (here is the place to laugh) In power lifting, when I've been able to put on more mass, on some level, that helped me get a bit stronger, hence building a bigger engine. What are some good exercises to help put on a bit of forearm size? Wrist roller work, forearm curls, ??? I have big hands and use a lot of 2 1/2 and 3" grip products which work well for me. (I love my 3" FBBC wrist roller and crusher) Thanks all.

Lifting heavy weights in the gym / eating a lot. Edited by Paul Savage
  • Like 3

Lifting heavy weights in the gym / eating a lot.

Paul is so straigthforward and hits the nail in the head, I love that. I go to theoretical details and hair splitting, I love that too :)

Muscle mass of the forearm was just discussed in another thread. You can see my hair splitting there.

If all you want is bigger forearms, that's what will work best and all the grip kit in the world wont do any better. Look at ronnie coleman, monsterous forearms, hardly ever even lifted without straps. If you want big forearms without the bodyweight increase then you need to focus on them directly more and not eat as much but otherwise, lift heavy and eat heavy.