#148 Grand Master Attempt

JoshW

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pV6Ajun3kM4

Not as impressive as some of these #3 CCS recently but I'm happy with my progress on this gripper. Haven't actually tried closing it apart from choker work in ages. Heard it click but my setting hand helped a lot with this attempt, few more weeks and ill get a confident close :D

Definitely have to thank Warran for this beautiful gripper. So glad I got this before he retired!

Any feedback is much appreciated :D

• Like 3

Good work josh. I've never tried those ext handle grippers but I can see how it would help set a hard gripper and break plataues

• Like 1

Appreciate you taking the time to watch mate. If you get a chance, an EXT elite or super elite would be perfect for you, specially if you don't want to waste energy setting if you are CCS'ing

Thanks again!

Very nice close, man. Very strong stuff, that's about the weight of a #3 anyway. Where is your progress on standard grippers?

I've got the same EXT-GM (at the same weight!) and it is great for practicing sets. I had no idea how to do MMS until I got to figure it out on an EXT.

• Like 1

Looked strong...nice work

• Like 1

Very nice close, man. Very strong stuff, that's about the weight of a #3 anyway. Where is your progress on standard grippers?

I've got the same EXT-GM (at the same weight!) and it is great for practicing sets. I had no idea how to do MMS until I got to figure it out on an EXT.

Thanks Jared! I'm quite close to closing my #3 but my setting ability is stopping me from getting a decent close on it. Untill then il practice and practice on this one and then try again and see where I am at!

Looked strong...nice work

Thanks Josh! wasn't expecting to get much on this as I've always been about 12mm off :D

nice dude :rock

now I have to catch up to you lol

• Like 1

Awesome work buddy, you got any targets to be MM0 this time around?

• Like 1

Thanks man! lost motivation last time round and stopped after I closed it..this time round i am attacking the MM0 differently with more grippers and a different strategy! but yes i am going for it this time :grin:

• Like 1

Thanks man! lost motivation last time round and stopped after I closed it..this time round i am attacking the MM0 differently with more grippers and a different strategy! but yes i am going for it this time :grin:

Good stuff, i'm set my target for winter this year for MM0 . . . think there is a few on here who have a similar goal

I think i will close my #3 again soon but it will take me all summer to work up to a wide set close on it, got to be realistic this time! Doing grippers between heavy bench has worked out well and i will incorporate the vulcan very soon too. Hopefully we both get it around the same time..SOON!

Hey, strong hold there! You will be MM0 soon. Don't get used to extended handle, hehe :).

Try to do just gripper setting workout.

J.

• Like 1

Hey, strong hold there! You will be MM0 soon. Don't get used to extended handle, hehe :).

J.

Thanks for checking it out Juri! :D i hear ya on that one..i have tried flipping it over so the extended handle is in my palm and i have to try set the smaller handle but i need to man up and grind out the set on my #3. We shall see :)

Thanks for checking it out Juri! :D i hear ya on that one..i have tried flipping it over so the extended handle is in my palm and i have to try set the smaller handle but i need to man up and grind out the set on my #3. We shall see :)

One more thing you can try is take your #2 - #2.5 and set it to parallel with other hand, then hold it in this position for like 10-20 second and then shut it close and repeat (I just wrote some random hold time, try whats best for you).

J.

• Like 1

Nice josh! That looks like a handy gripper to own.

Does this mean you're easing off on bending for now?

• Like 1

Juri, I will be sure to try that asap into my routine! Makes a lot of sense.

Anthony- it's an awesome gripper, Thanks! Bendings going to have to take a back seat at the moment at least for DO bending. Continuing progress with reverse bending but grippers and bench are my main focus for the summer. Thanks for watching brother!

I think i will close my #3 again soon but it will take me all summer to work up to a wide set close on it, got to be realistic this time! Doing grippers between heavy bench has worked out well and i will incorporate the vulcan very soon too. Hopefully we both get it around the same time..SOON!

Would be great to have this little contest, whats your current MMS gripper? I can get my #2.5 to a block set for few reps

• Like 2

Would sure motivate me more! My working grippers are a HG250( this one's between a 2-2.5) Filed HG300(feels between 2.5 and #3) I have a #3, EXT GM and two HG350's.

I'm buying one or two #2.5's for block set work and wide set slams in the next few weeks and eventually a GHP6 when I have more money!

Il try get some mms work on camera too!

• Like 1

Would sure motivate me more! My working grippers are a HG250( this one's between a 2-2.5) Filed HG300(feels between 2.5 and #3) I have a #3, EXT GM and two HG350's.

I'm buying one or two #2.5's for block set work and wide set slams in the next few weeks and eventually a GHP6 when I have more money!

Il try get some mms work on camera too!

Would like to see what a GHP feels like, I have a RB210 that feels like a #2.5 but just don't like the feel of it compared to IM or WT.

I'm gonna try and video my attempts on a weekly basis to check my progress, I did the RRBT programme and that really helped me with progressing onto the #2.5 so might use it again for working to the #3

From what I've heard its got a nasty sweep but all good fun lol.

I need something in the 130-136lb zone for max attempts with a block but that's the hardest zone to cover :(

I need to subscribe to your channel!

J.

I agree with that! But as you said, you know the left hand gave a lot of help. Would love to see your MMS progress!

• Like 2

From what I've heard its got a nasty sweep but all good fun lol.

I need something in the 130-136lb zone for max attempts with a block but that's the hardest zone to cover :(

I need to subscribe to your channel!

a-funny-t-rex-pictures-unstoppable.jpg

• Like 3

Appreciate your interest in my progress Matt I will upload some MMS attempts soon!

Got a good laugh out of that picture lol haha il take it as a compliment ;)

I feel good that I ordered GHP6 back then..Its a #134. I think now #135 gripper is as wanted as #140 #3. With your talking about MM0 I got so motivated.. that I want to get this done by this year too.. But I take it easy, there is plenty of time, lol.

J.

• Like 2