The Axle Deadlift Challenge

AdamTGlass

Just for fun

Using either an Axle or a pair of Fatgripz, do one set of maximum reps with your body weight on the bar, and then go up to maximum weight with a 2 second pause at the top. (DO of course)

The question a few guys asked "can I use (Insert bar which is not Apollo's axle)?" - yes of course. It's just for fun. if you have a pipe, use the pipe. If you have manus gripers, or Ironbull, or Tyler grips, whatever. There are no rules here, I don't care to see it turn in to anything other than some fun.

Here is Ryan Maier and I's submission for tonight

here is Chris Mathison

Jump in and post up your #'s

Cool stuff guys! I like how you guys really didn't rest much between reps. Some guys consider (not me) taking a few deep breaths (which equats to around 5 seconds or more sometimes) between reps to be "continuous reps." It can be tricky. I like the 5-second rule on repping. If more than 5 seconds separates reps I don't count them as continuous reps. Usually that's done on grippers though and only really gets tested on the final max effort reps at the end of a big attempt.

Max unbroken reps (hands never leave) from the bar ok Cool.

Attaboy, Chris. 305 now eh? Whoa.

Will give this a shot this weekend, maybe, as we have AW practice tonight.

Scores in today so far from Mike Rinderle (17/365 @ 249) and Rob Lorch (12/230 @202 lbs)

Add in

David Dellanave (193) 30/305

Joe Goodin (203 lbs) 20/293

Josh Freeman (172) 20/213

expecting some more to come back on FB tonight

Edited by AdamTGlass

31 reps with 150#, (146 body weight)

Dave's number is just nuts. 30 reps with a TON of weight.

Added -

Matt Cannon (146) 31 (!) reps, did you do max too?

Big Josh Mac (268) 10 reps/ lifted 353 but dropped before 2 seconds

Also after watching Joe's set - he got a full 23 and dropped at 24, not 20.

270# at 146# body weight. (I got 300# up but not a full lift! Would have been a 20# PR. Should have tried 290.)

• Like 1

I did not do a max rep but I did the reps @ bodyweight, I got 235 x 26. Sorry no video

I wanted 30 but since I am a lard ass I was too winded and I was going to have to get some breathes so I just quit.

• Like 2

I did not do a max rep but I did the reps @ bodyweight, I got 235 x 26. Sorry no video

I wanted 30 but since I am a lard ass I was too winded and I was going to have to get some breathes so I just quit.

Heath, I'll update you on the list today, great lifting!

I love seeing so many entries. Great idea Adam.

Adding 5 more when I get home from the gym, in just last 25 minute 3 more posted or sent to me

• Like 1

Very cool. This is good-ole-fashioned hard work. I might even go again this weekend.

• Like 1

http://www.adamtglass.com/2012/04/04/the-axle-deadlift-challenge/

Up to 20 entries now

As a reminder, it is axle OR Fatgripz. or even both for those who are feelin' beastly

You can choose the order of max reps / max weight. Some have found better results trying for max weight first.

Finally you do not have to do either of the two. If you want to drop a vid for max weight only- cool. If only reps- cool.

Durniat?

What is the end date? I have been climbing my butt off and am pretty trashed right now but if there's time - I might give it a shot later next week.

• Like 1

Ok here is my submission. Fried forearms!!

=
  • Like 3