Tmmicklabs Breaks A Grade 8!

bencrush

After the MM3 cert attempt today, Travis Mickelberry bent and then BROKE a 6" Grade 8 on video! :bow Took 26 seconds! Broke it right in two...I kept one of the pieces as a souvenir of what I will never achieve. :D

Just wanted to give him some props!

Great job Travis!

He also bent a 6" RED NAIL to about 90 degrees! :ohmy Never before bent a 7" Red Nail even...

Go Travis!

Did the 8 break at the threads?

Go Travis!

Did the 8 break at the threads?

Eric,

It broke right in the middle. I sent the video to Wanna. I have it in wmv format but the smallest I can get it compressed down to is 5.12 megabytes using Windows Media Encoder 9.

ps...The 6" Red was taken to 40 degrees on my first attempt. I rested up for 10 minutes and took it from 40 to 110 degrees on my second attempt.

Thank you Wanna for posting the Video.

Thank you Benzilla for the daily motivation and support.

Thank you Gamidon for the leather and teaching me how to bend Double Overhand correctly.

Thank you Big Steve for the insperation.

You guys rule.

:bow

WOW nice break :bow

I especially liked the pop and then the response! That must have been exciting. Great job.

-Sean

Wow. Do they break often or is this uncommon?

Way cool.

I had one break too, it just broke, didn't have to work it back and forth at all. Did yours get harder right before it broke? I've broken 60ds that took 5-10 minutes of working back and forth to break.

Awesome! That looked easy. I predict a 5.5" version any day now. You had that bolt so scared he was making baby noises. Now that's intimidation!

Now thats a cool video!! :rock

I broke a 60 penny nail a while back as a homemade challenge bar but it took a long continuous effort and while I was breaking it the nail was breaking me :cry as you can see in the image. This was nothing compared to your feat.

http://www.gripboard.com

Travis son breaking that Grade 8 bolt is just shocking :blink and at speed you did it was even more amazing.

What's next a Grade 9, a 1/4" Square crs, or a Red Nail?

Edited by GatorGrip

He's already done the Red. And bent a 6" Red to about 40 degrees in about a minute. He'll probably kill some of the FBBC 5/16" stock when his hands are rested up from the Red destruction.