bb master

vikingpower

The title says it all I think, but I would like to purchase the BB Master, which I understand falls between the CoC 2 and 3, over in the UK.

Tom  

Hi Tom-

I correspond with someone in the UK who just ordered a Master.  I'll ask him how he went about it and post back here.

BC.

Hi Tom-

Not so good news for you.  This is a copy of his reply:

"Hi Brian,

Still waiting mate i'm afraid, i phoned them for details a week last Saturday, the person i spoke to took my credit card details address etc and said it would reach me in a few days.

Anyway a week past and no sign , so i e-mailed them and they said oops we'll send it today.Same thing, a few days ,but i'm still waiting.

I'm not really sure of the cost as he was a bit vague, around 1.5$ to the £ and he didn't know shipping costs at that time.

All in all mate i shall not be dealing with them again, poor pr if you ask me.

Hope i've helped in some small way"

He had a tough time getting through to them initially (not returning calls or eMails) and it appears that he's not out of the woods yet.

Anyway, good or bad, that's all I have for you.  Sorry.  Call 'em up or eMail them if you wish and see how it goes.  It is a good product once you get it.

BC.

Hi Tom-

Just got a message from my UK buddy today and he found out that his Master was shipped on 12 June.  There's hope yet :)

BC.

Hey Tom-

My buddy got his BB Master yesterday and loves it.  Thought I'd let you know.  It was £27 in English money (ร.99 + 17.95 shipping in US dollars), which is the same price he paid for his COC's.

BC.

Thanks bseedot, ask him if he wants to sell it will you   :biggrin:

I will look into this myself, Thanks for your efforts.

Tom

BC.

just taken tom blacks advice and started to shorten the handles on my number 2. This really makes a difference and it must be close to the BB master.

Tom

Hi Tom-

Yeah, that's a great way to do it and Tom's having great success with it.  I'd do it too if I had the equipment.  Let us know how it works for you.

BC.

• 1 month later...
Guest simon lodge

Hi

Tom

Can you tell me if you found where you can bye the BB MARSTER or have you an email address i can wright to or a web page i can look up so i might be able older it.

simon

Guest simon lodge

Hi strongman

Thanks for that

Is the BB master inbetween # 2 and # 3 coc in strength as i want something inbetween them to help me get closer to # 3

simon, your welcome!

The amount of strength needed to close a typical BeefBuilder (BB) Master is probably more than that needed for a COC #2 and less than that needed for a COC #3.  My BB Master is rated at 330 in-lbs. This is more than my COC # 2 (rated at 303 in-lbs.) but less than my COC # 3 (rated at 429 in-lbs.). For me and my grippers, this means my BB Master is more like a COC # 2.2 rather than a COC # 2.5!

I recommend that you buy the BB Master, season it (by fully closing it 50-100 times) and then send PDA your seasoned COC #2, BB Master, and COC #3 for calibration. This way, you know exactly what it takes to close your grippers.

Train smart!

Strongman

Guest simon lodge

hi

strongman

Why is it that the BB master is harder to close than the coc # 2, as they look and  rate the same  195   in being able to close them, im also confused with how it workes with your coc #2 is rated at 303 in- Ibs as im not to shore what this stands for forgive me as im fairly new at this grip training.

i would be gratefull for your advice.

simon

The rating of 195 is meaningless! This is because even with the same kind of gripper (i.e. COC #3), the strength needed to close different COC # 3's might vary greatly!  Check out Wanagrip's GripBoard post titled Gripper Calibration Results Summary by clicking on this URL: http://www.grippage.com/cgibin....pic=716 for more info.

Strongman

(Edited by Strongman at 12:30 pm on Aug. 13, 2001)

Guest simon lodge

strongman

I had a look at what you was saying, im still a little confused with what  ( in-lbs ) means, with your results on there is the right hand side figures are they showing what it takes to close your grippers in pounds, sorry to be a pain but im trying to make it clear for me to understand im going to older the BB MASTER and just send that and my # 3 to be verify as i dont want to stop using the grippers.

simon