Softballs?

Guest JSallee

Guest JSallee

A few years ago I took an old softball, drilled a hole trough it, drove a spike and hooked a chain to it.  I used it for one hand DL's and holds.  I used an old softball so it was a little slick.  

I am just getting into seriously training my grip.  And just wondered it anyone has heard of this or tried it?   I think my O weightlifting coach told me about it.  

Just an idea,

Josh

(Edited by JSallee at 1:17 pm on Aug. 23, 2001)

This exercise is mentionned in Mastery of hand strength, by John Brookfield. Brookfield says it is a very good exercise. I perform this exercise sometimes but it is not in my main program, which is axed on the solely on the grippers until I close that 1/8 left on the 3.

Guest kINGPIN

I remember seeing this idea in a magazine once.  It looks a good idea, i was going to try a wooden ball or something instead of a softball though.

• 1 month later...
Guest rockblaster

The softball lifts I do with both one and two hands.  It works the ENTIRE hand.  Lifting heavy poundages on this will increase your OVERALL hand strength.  DO IT!