Source for Cheap Anvils

Tom Black

Let me inaugurate the equipment forum with this great source for anvils. I’ve been looking for a cheap anvil heavier than the 55-pound ones that are commonly on e-bay.  They have 70-pound anvils for $49 and 55-pound anvils for $39.

Northern Tool 

Don’t know what to do with an Anvil, go here for an idea (my site):

Gallery of Ironmen 4

Guest Aptdwler

Thanks for the information. I may have to consider ordering one. The shipping does vary a lot. Depending on the packaging, it could cost as much as the anvil. I'll have to check into it more. According to the site, the anvil weighs 70lbs. However, the shipping weight is also listed at 70lbs.

(Edited by Aptdwler at 4:35 pm on Feb. 25, 2001)

Tom, I used to live like 6 miles from a GH Northern outlet store when i lived in Va.  I did not even think to ask if they had anvils.  You're killin me, because I could have bought one without the shipping.  Best thing about the anvil is that you can actually use it for something besides just lifting it.  Thanks for the gouge. Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Tom Black (and others),

I just completed a workout with my new anvil, "Anna" and my forearms ache like never before.  This just tells me that I made a wise decision in buying it.  Yes, I went to Northern to purchase it, after repeated attempts to do so.  I am glad I did it in person, because the anvil that I wanted was the 70 pound version - I nixed that notion after trying to grip it out of the box... I couldn't do it because it was TOO wide for my hand.  The 55 pounder was just right - actually it is 50 pounds, because I took it to work and weighed it on a digital postal scale.  My suggestion is to go to a Northern IN PERSON and try it if you can.  Don't be shocked if that 70# just doesn't do it for ya!

Hey, if anybody wants a catalog - contact me and I'll send ya one.  They do have a mail-order biz going.....

P.S. - don't be surprised if you get the 70#, and it doesn't weigh 70#.  Just so ya know.....

Anna sounds beautiful; does she have a sister?  Thanks Sybersnott, I definitely won’t get a 70-pound anvil now, it sounds like 50-pounds is a good starting weight.

• 2 weeks later...

Harbor Freight Tools opened a store in Little Rock. 55-pound anvils were on sale for ศ.99. After work I browsed through the store, put an anvil in a cart, paid at checkout, and brought it home. The young girl at the checkout counter was insistant that I have help with the anvil but I politely refused. (I must look weak. I need to work on that.) The finish on the anvil makes it slick but I am still able to lift it by the horn. The anvil is plainly marked "55 pounds" and made in "CHINA".

• 1 month later...
Guest Brandon

Fellow Grip Enthusiasts,

Thanks for the anvil idea, I'm off to buy one right now!  I'll let you know how much it hurts!  

Has anyone had any experience with the G-Rex 621 machine by Sorinex.  I've read the review, spoke to John & Bert, and compared it to a few others.

It appears to be an all around grip trainer, even allowing you to perform negatives with bodyweight.  Any feedback would be helpful & appreciated.

Cost is 赼.00

Brandon