Forearm Size?

ruffhans

Charles Poliquin somewhere stated that the average bodybuilders forearms were 13.5 give or take a 1/4". Genetics do play a role but I have seen a couple of guys put on some good size from grip work.

Austin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• austinslater

• Sybersnott

• king crusher

• Digdogz

12.25" cold, clenched fist, straight

6.5" wrist

That ought to make some folks feel better about themselves. :D

So are you doing any forearm work? And if so, what?? :mellow

I'm 5'10'' 255lbs and measure 14'' straight arm and cold. :flame

My forearms are thick all the way to the wrist which is 8 3/4'' currently and has gotten thicker over time. They have been at 15'' since age 19 regardless of bodyweight.

Old guy good point. I was lucky to be blessed with long muscle bellies in my forearms and they seem to start at my wrist. My training partner's forearms start about 1/2 up his forearm. Different genetics I guess although he has strong forearms I suspect becuase of the insertion points he will never achieve great size but I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time.

Austin

My wrists are 8.5 or 9", like Bob said, depending on how you measure. Forearms are 17" cold, straight at a bodyweight of 320. My forearms vary quite a bit depending on my weight, when I was 260 they were about 15''.

Dan

If you guys get a chance look at some old pics of Casey Viator 15", Bill Pearl 14", and Chuck sipes. Some unbelievable forearms. Anything over 14 inches and fairly lean is huge.

• 6 months later...

Bump.

My forearms are 14,1 inches. (straight and cold) Wrist is round 7,1 inches. 16 years old, weighing 190-191lbs.

My goal is to bring them up to 16 inches without getting fat. If u have som tips for me, i would love to hear'em.

Dan

my forearms are 14. i am only five feet five. 200 pounds. pretty ripped. i don't do wrist curls. all the gripping seems to make my forearms bigger. but i think i would rather have strong forearms then big ones. strong lean and tendons and ligaments popping out,

"you cant flex fat" is a saying i always like to say.

people with 16 and up forearms im sure are covered in alot of fat.

if there ripped and vascular im positive there not going to be 16-19 inches lol.

mine are 14.5 goosenecked but vascular(really vascular when working out)

wrist is about 7.5 and i have really long arms.

I feel like mine are small at 13 relaxed and 14 gooseneck.

My wrist is 6 3/4" hand is 7 3/8"

I feel pretty good about my upper arm at 17.5 unflexed cold and 19 pumped and flexed, I don't even do direct bicep work. My pencil forearm makes my upper arm look like a ham hanging from my shoulder.

I usually weigh in the 230's at 5'10"

Edited by GarytheDino

wrists - 6.75

forearm (arms striaght) - 12.75

biceps - 16.5

6'1 - 194

i try to be as strong as I can be under 200lb, whenever i go over 200 it seems to be mainly fat.

Edited by dannyboy

Just measured my forearms, 18.5" cold. They are close to 20" after I finish a forearm workout.

I thought Shrug said he had them.... Did he post something different later on, if so I didnt see it.

what im saying is if your thinking you are going to see ripped vascular inhuman forearms...your not.

i seen a lady at the store today with 18 inch forearms and was not impressed.

she also had a 50 inch midsection mesurment it looked like. lol

Just measured my forearms, 18.5" cold. They are close to 20" after I finish a forearm workout.

I thought Shrug said he had them.... Did he post something different later on, if so I didnt see it.

Cleve Dean the gigantic armwrestler who was 6'7" and 450 pounds had

23 inch upper arms, 18 inch forearms and 10 inch wrists. These were

measured properly by David Willoughby.

See the article below, Cleve Dean is mentioned about 1/2 way into the

article.

http://www.naturalstrength.com/history/det...p?ArticleID=300