Forearm Size?

ruffhans

I think someone else postid a topic like this one awhile back, but i coudnt find it.

I mesured my forearms this morning and they came in at 14 inchs. im not braggin, cuz i know some of you probibly have good old lower arms on ya! :D

However i would like to know where i stand amongst you all. only for my own manly man ego :D ! i have heard the great legends of the grip mountains that Snott has some pipes on him, but what about the rest of ya?

let me know,......dave

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• austinslater

• Sybersnott

• king crusher

• Digdogz

Held straight (no gooseneck), I think mine were 14 1/2"-14 3/4" last time I checked.

Just measured my forearms, 18.5" cold. They are close to 20" after I finish a forearm workout.

Edited by SHRUG

Mine are a shade over 13-1/2" cold. I'm fairly tall though (6'2-1/2").

John

What standards of measurement are you guys using? Personally I think Arthur Jones/Ellington Darden's methods of measuring are the most scientific. Arthur Jones would use a cut section of newspaper for the measurement and compare it to a yardstick of known precision.

Also, I personally do not believe a person can adaquately measure themself. This is not an idictment of the skill of any particular individual. I feel that having someone else do the measuring is pivitol to getting meaningfull results.

i have heard the great legends of the grip mountains that Snott has some pipes on him

At the 2004 AOBS, Clay and I did a double-forearm shot... but as to what happened to that pic I have no idea.

Most every grip exercise I do goes right to my forearms. BTW, thanks for the mention! :happy

Ever since I started doing things like bending, grippers, plate curls, static holds my forearm size has gone way up. Especially near my wrist.

Just measured my forearms, 18.5" cold. They are close to 20" after I finish a forearm workout.

Have you a photo of this Shrug? A properly measured 18.5" forearm would probably be close to a record (said with my IronHistory hat on!).

Edited by The Mac

My grandma had massive arms and forearms. So, there is alway a caveat when talking about measurements in general.

A smaller arm will appear much bigger if it is devoid of bodyfat.

We had someone on here a couple of years ago who claimed huge forearms and a monstrous sized wrist- so much so that his forearms should have appeared almost parallel from elbow to wrist.

Forearm size/appearance is tied to wrist size. If the entire arm from shoulder to clenched (but not twisted or goosenecked) is in a straight line and the forearm measure twice the wrist circumference, as difficult as it seems to believe, you are looking at a monster forearm.

Talking lean, defined muscle, not arms where the muscles are under fat.

Forearm size/appearance is tied to wrist size. If the entire arm from shoulder to clenched (but not twisted or goosenecked) is in a straight line and the forearm measure twice the wrist circumference, as difficult as it seems to believe, you are looking at a monster forearm.

Dude,

In that case I'm alright, my wrist measures 6 1/3 inchs and my forearm(in said position) is 12.5 inches... I think its genetics as I work hard on my forearms and the only thing that seems to change is definition rather than overall size??

Anyway, I think half of this is to do with me neglecting my biceps in the first place!

Digz.

Forearm size does not equal strength....look at Tommy :blush

True, but doesn't a larger forearm help to stablize the wrist?

18 inchs,..that is HUGE! anyway i mesured mine without goose necking. and since i have shed some body fat i have noticed they look bigger.

i think a good forearm size would be 15-16 inches ripped.

Well,

I have been told that my forearms look bigger up close than from a distance. But either way, it means nothing! I have not measured anything in years. I got away from that years ago because I became discouraged when I would read all the measurements and mine would not be close. But, I would be stronger in the hands and arms, usually, than any of those who were measuring forearms and arms much larger than mine. One of the reasons may be that I just refuse to put on excess body weight.

I train hard (anyone who knows me personally knows how I train, how hard I train, and how often I train) for pure strength and that's the way I measure myself (physically speaking - I measure myself in other ways by other accomplishments).

So, I say, just focus on strength, set strength goals and train really hard to reach them. Once you do, set more and keep going, and going, and going....

Sixgun...

sixgun,

How easily you erase whole categories of comparisons by saying it means nothing. There are those who would offer the reverse, wanting size over strength, though probably not on this forum.

Strength means nothing; measurements mean nothing, until either is claimed, then proof is required. With strength, demonstrations; with size, measurements.

The entire controversy on this forum arose because of people making claims without offering proof.

In both cases, the insincere and the insecure offer false flags for followers to duplicate.

My grandma had massive arms and forearms. So, there is alway a caveat when talking about measurements in general.

This is the same case in my family. My grandfather had big forearms... my father too. Could you make a case for "genetics" when it comes to forearm size?

I had mine taped by Warren Tetting cold and straight at 15 1/2'' weighing around 290. I now weigh about 225 and he recently measured them the same way at around 14''.

One of my ferrets "helped" me measure mine tonight. 13.5" cold and no gooseneck. They are terrible helpers, for those of you who might be considering using one as an "assistant." :D 5'10" and 225. Definitely lacking in size considering the volume that I routinely subject them to, although size is not really on my radar at the moment.

Mine are 14'' cold I've put on about 1 inch or so over the last several months onto them. I'm 6'1'' and about 220 but would like to get to about 260-270 with descently low bf. I think the average forearm is probably around 12-13 inches for a guy. I'd like about 16-17 inch forearms with the comparibly added strength.