2004 Europeans

Mikael Siversson

Thomas Becker, Germany will be replaced by Martin Arildsson, Sweden, who competed in the LGC VI. We finally found a guy that had previously competed in the LGC and where willing to participate in the Europeans. Others offered the 12:th place felt they were not strong enough.

I felt strong enough but I must judge. :D

Uppdated starting list.

Johan Albrektsson (Sweden)

Martin Arildsson (Sweden)

Dean Bolt (Wales)

Erik Franz (Germany)

Steve Gardener (England)

David Horne (England)

David Hurzeler (Switzerland)

Florian Kellersmann (Germany)

Kalle Lane (Sweden)

Amaury Macaire (France)

Jonas Svaren (Sweden)

Benny Wennberg (Sweden)

Others offered the 12:th place felt they were not strong enough.

...except one who thought he had super-human strength but we saved him from embarrassment by letting him judge. :help

Edited by Mikael Siversson

(Mikael Siversson @ Aug 4 2004, 08:07 AM)

Others offered the 12:th place felt they were not strong enough.

:cry:cry:help (That's what I first told D. Horne when first he invited me to come!!)

welcome to Martin Arildsson!!

Edited by the swiss

Thomas Becker, Germany will be replaced by Martin Arildsson, Sweden, who competed in the LGC VI. We finally found a guy that had previously competed in the LGC and where willing to participate in the Europeans. Others offered the 12:th place felt they were not strong enough.

Do you know if he has been training grip since then?

I guess he has since he dares to show up in the europeans after the quite bad result in the LGC. But then again, he was very young then, and seems to be very strong. So if he has been training he might be quite strong now!

Lots of success in powerlifting lately if it is the same Martin that I think that it is!

He could have been better prepared, no doubt, but he will beat several guys in the gripper event for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know if he has been training grip since then?

I guess he has since he dares to show up in the europeans after the quite bad result in the LGC. But then again, he was very young then, and seems to be very strong. So if he has been training he might be quite strong now!

Lots of success in powerlifting lately if it is the same Martin that I think that it is!

Nice to see that you are so optimistic... :P I just trained with grippers a couple of times before that competition... I just competed for fun. I hope you don't think I'm so bad now, even if I hadn't really trained that much...

Well, I guessed that you would perform much better then the first time. And you did!

If you train the different grip event in a semiregular way along with your powerlifting you will challenge the best in a year or two!

Seemed like a great contest. A bit sad that I couldn't be there to watch at least :(

Aah ok :D Guess I read it a bit fast. I'm thinking about getting something like IronMinds Heavy hammer leverage bar or what's it called to train my wrist strength. And to start training a bit seriously with my grippers :inno

Aah ok :D Guess I read it a bit fast. I'm thinking about getting something like IronMinds Heavy hammer leverage bar or what's it called to train my wrist strength. And to start training a bit seriously with my grippers :inno

I don't really understand what is special with that leverage bar.

Making a bar seem to be one of the easiest things there is!

Or just take a sledge and increase resistance slowly by holder further and further out on the handle!

Take care with serious gripper training. Don't go hurting yourself with them like I did :(