Atlas, GRex-621, SW?

Guest JD79

This is more for rockblaster than for me, but I thought I would ask what one everyone thought about the above plate loaded grippers?  I know you would like to purchase the Secret Weapon rockblaster, but I think you would be better served by getting the Atlas or GRex-621.  Just my opinion though, whats everyone else think?

JD

I have never used a G-Rex so I can't compare it to the Atlas.

The Atlas has been a key piece for me and I like it a lot (obviously).

I made a secret weapon just like Joe Kinney's.  I really never got squat out of it.  Your hand can "float" too easily.  To avoid that, it puts too much compression on the wrist joint IMO.

Guest rockblaster

The type of grip machine that I have is from "New York Barbells."  I have really been using it a lot and I have had good results from it so far.  It is your standard plate-loaded unit .  Its weight limit is 150 pounds but  I have found that it only applies to the amount of standard 25 pound plates you can put on it while leaving a little room at the top  for the plate-holding bar to be visible.  If you get creative, you can conceivably add an enormous amount of weight to its capacity.   The others look really awesome but finnancially, This is the best option for me right now.   I am still interested in the "Secret Weapon-like" gripper machine design.  Can anyone offer any insight into how to build one from scratch?

Yes, get Joe's video. Study it. Freeze frame it. Use the diameter of the handles as a reference to get ball park measurements. Use some trigonometry.  

Basically, you can construct plans by studying the video.  Then, get a friend who has a machine shop to build it for you (that's what I did).

Guest JSimon95

Yes (The Secret Weapon) from Joe Kinny is the

best becasue it builds up tendons and such therefore

greater ablity to put on more weight and gain

strength the atlas is almost like the Hardy handShake

form ironmind.  You can get it from Joe that is

2.5 x1 ratio which is the best.

John, do you own both?

Why is the SW best again?

How does it "build up" tendons better than any other plate loaded grip machine?