Observation

Bill Piche

Ok, I doubt it's hand strength to hold onto it. I just did a two finger 11,000 run and had no problem hanging on.

Wrist strength and speed/coordination are beginning to be dominant in my mind for top scores.

I would have to agree as my hand grip is never in danger of giving out it's allways my wrist that does. So this might mean we have less of a chance at the record as grip is what we do best. I think someone that does grip and is a top armwrestler would stand the best chance.

I would have to agree as my hand grip is never in danger of giving out it's allways my wrist that does. So this might mean we have less of a chance at the record as grip is what we do best. I think someone that does grip and is a top armwrestler would stand the best chance.

I agree. The guys with big time wrist strength should do well. My hands are feeling light right not to type! :blink

So your saying the thing doesnt work the grip?

;)

Rick Walker :rock

(I cant believe I posted in the Powerball forum. :mellow )

The benders might like it. I had a bending session a day ago and my wrist are loose and pain free. Not the case before I got the PB.

tboo

Looking at the powerball main scoreboard it seems like people are doing well that are doing sports where you leverage something in your hand. And there are few typical "strength" people in that list.

(but that might partly be because they never tried such a "silly small gadget"

:laugh )

So your saying the thing doesnt work the grip?

;)

Rick Walker :rock

(I cant believe I posted in the Powerball forum.  :mellow  )

No, it does. My forearm and hand are blasted today. I believe wrist strength is the other key to high scores. You cannot break at the wrist at the high forces or you lose it.

Big Steve mentioned it's particuarly good for increasing your hub lift although I have not tested that theory yet.

The benders might like it. I had a bending session a day ago and my wrist are loose and pain free. Not the case before I got the PB.

Someone else mentioned they had gotten some wrist re-hab as a side effect as well.

for me, coordination seems to be the main limiting factor. It's no problem to hold on to it and my wrists can move it, but I lose the groove and feel it decelerating. I think with practice I can get better at this. It does pump up your forearms though and I had no gripper strength after playing with the powerball for a while.

It continues to blast my fingers/forearm.

Wrist strength is also key IMO.

I can also see why Big Steve said it helps your hub lift.

Big Steve mentioned it's particuarly good for increasing your hub lift although I have not tested that theory yet.

If you hold in in your fingers like in a hublift then it REALLY gives the fingers a good workout :rock

Very nice device this ball, but mine is already having a bit different noise and vibration. Hope that it isn't anything bad!

Someone else mentioned they had gotten some wrist re-hab as a side effect as well.

I agree with this 100% , I have a lot of scar tissue on my wrist and the powerball is already helping.

My wrist injury I've had for over a year seems to hurt less now, and the increased wrist strength in all directions will certainly help to avoid re-injuring it.

I'm limited most right now not by coordination or strength but by speed.

It definately works the grip, my hands are so overtrained from the last few days I can barely hold onto it anymore.

Also I have a bruise in my palm where the meter digs in, maybe I should lay off for a day or two.

If you hold in in your fingers like in a hublift then it REALLY gives the fingers a good workout :rock

Very nice device this ball, but mine is already having a bit different noise and vibration. Hope that it isn't anything bad!

Make sure you hold it tight when it slows down. Do not let the pressure off. That's in the directions and the site where the ball becomes noisy due to letting it freewheel slowing down.

Fries my wrist!!! Thats where I felt it the most. Its gonna set

my bending day back alittle now. I think it'll help guys that bend.

I bent 60ds today after doing powerball last night and today.

I could really tell my wrists had been worked when I started to bend.

Almost like I had a heavy bending workout the day before.

Thats how it effected me.

Edited by bballdad