Tip For Using The Pull Cord

OldGuy

I have added a pull ring to the end of the cord, that slips over the first finger joint. It makes it easier to get a good tug, and more string can be wound around.

OldGuy,

Do you think that the string is too short? It should be a bit longer IMHO.

It would be nice if it were a longer cord, but the groove would have to be deeper. Sometimes if I try to start the 3rd course of string, it derails and gets tangled up inside, and the things don't appear to be readily disassembleable. I'm working on my no-cord startups, cuz I know I'm gonna lose the darn things eventually, anyhow.

Just had a thought: With some smaller diameter string (assuming ample strength), a guy could probably use a longer cord. Maybe some of the new fishing "superlines" might fit the bill. 35# test Cortland Spectron/TUF or FireLine or something like that.

I'm finding out now that it doesn't matter how hard I pull that string... once it gets going I can do the rest myself to get that gyro going! :D

The strings only to use till you get the hang of starting it. In no time you will be starting it with a quick flick on your palm and the string will be banished forever.

Seriously it's worth using your hand/arm as there's no string to lose, break or ahhhhh get jammed inside :blush

cheers

I only use a few inches of string to get it started because it takes too long to wrap around 3 times, but I'm starting it on my hand or on tables now

you only need about 1500 rpm to get it going

Edited by ulgrim

I finally got the hang of it just running it done my arm to get started

When I made this comment I was refering to my Dyna Flex. My "Power Ball" came yesterday and I was able to get it started a couple of times running it down my arm. But then I desided to use the string :cry That SOB is helplessly stuck in the inside. I took off the 2 little screws on the sides to no avail. It does not want to come apart. So for around $40.00 I got to use it twice. :angry:

When I made this comment I was refering to my Dyna Flex. My "Power Ball" came yesterday and I was able to get it started a couple of times running it down my arm. But then I desided to use the string :cry That SOB is helplessly stuck in the inside. I took off the 2 little screws on the sides to no avail. It does not want to come apart. So for around $40.00 I got to use it twice. :angry:

My cord stuck in the Powerball twice.

What helped was to twist the cord at the free end and softly pulling it.

That way you can navigate the cord inside the ball.

Hope that helps, Tom.

Now, I'm starting the ball using the thumb.

Takes a while but works.

Edited by FrankyBoy

Faq on this:

http://www.powerballs.com/faq.php?q=10

How to take it apart:

http://www.powerballs.com/faq.php?q=21

How to take it apart.

More info.

http://www.powerballs.com/messageboard.php...w=thread&tid=88

I put my Powerball in the vice and it popped open just like it was supposed to :yikes I got the cord out, put it back together and set a new PR :D This thing is built pretty tough :rock

I sawed a pencil in half then taped it, tied it with string. Now it's like a miniture

lawn mower handle. Already lost one string when starting it up it flew out of my hand - the string not the powerball. If I lose the last string I try starting it with dental floss.