Getting A Good Technique Down

Sybersnott

So I just got my Orange 250Hz PowerBall in the mail yesterday, and I'm finding out I've got a lot to learn about to do this thing right! So far my score is XXXXX (score deleted as it would cause lots of laughter and embarassment to me), but I'm looking to improve.

What's your technique to get that PB gyro spinning towards a higher score? :happy

I got mine yesterday and pulled 11020 so far

I hold it with the open side facing left

the meter is tucked into my palm

I make tiny circles.

I suck at it...9400 something...Did it off and on all night at work last night...Kinda funny now - lay my hand on the desk and it feels like its turning that damn thing with nothing in my hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't make circles, at least consciously. I just rock my wrist back and forth, timing my inputs to speed up the ball. I quickly get to 10 or 11K then it becomes difficult for me to time the inputs and eventually it just gets out of whack and starts "binding up" inside with noticable speed slowdown, then I stop.

So far, its not particularly a grip challenge or wrist challenge. My shoulder got a little sore once from my arm flapping back and forth. Then again, maybe its due to my poor grip or weak wrist that it starts "binding up" during attempts.

I'm thinking in order to get higher scores, I may need to abort this technique and train the "move in circles" move. Although that move seems strange to me, it may be required for higher scores. One step back, two steps forward.