What's The Limiting Factor For The Pb?

milkbone

After reading a post about a guy not getting high numbers with the left hand, I have to wonder: What is the limiting factor with getting the higher scores? Is it wrist / grip strength, or coordination with the hand? I mean, what makes you stop? The burning in the forearms or the feeling that you will soon let go and send it hurling across the room where it might put an eye out, or something? I have ordered one and the anticipation is killing me. I hate waiting on stuff. :dry

for me personally its definately the burning around about 10,000

Well, it's kind of hard to describe exactly... More or less you're jsut trying to control this thing that's fighting you, and the smaller the circles you move it in, the faster it goes, and the faster it goes the more it fights... I mean it does require some coordination, but the coordination is fairly simple. I can sit and make 1cm circles with my empty hands all day long. So I'd say that you need the strength to maintain the proper coordination at the higher rpms.

So how do you know when to stop? Is it fatigue that just prevents you from getting it any faster and then it starts to slow down on its own?

You kinda make a run for a "peak" rpm... I'd maybe compare it to riding an exercycle, and you decide you're going to go like hell for about 10 seconds and see how fast you can get your MPH to reach. it's the same sort of limit.. .You can sit and turn the thing @ 5000rpm all day long, but the bursts take a lot out of you.

This is basically squeezing and wrist strength at the same time. Plus, some coordination thrown in.

My wrist breaks and I lose speed. So, I am not strong enough to do the big numbers. It isn not coordination.

This is basically squeezing and wrist strength at the same time. Plus, some coordination thrown in.

My wrist breaks and I lose speed. So, I am not strong enough to do the big numbers. It isn not coordination.

Depending on just how bad your coordination is.

I just got one, and the right eventually got power problems near 11,000.

But my left just isn't coordinated enough, I have to move a lot of my arm to get it going and that just doesn't work when you come up to high numbers!

Actually, I have to now agree. A days rest did not help much. At least now so far. Coordination must be there at the highest degree + strength to get the 14,000 numbers in my newbie opinion.

Yeah, it's kind of enlightening how strength and coordination inter-relate. At the risk of somewhat contradicting my earlier statements, sure it takes coordination, but the more strength you have, the easier it is to be coordinated. Take something like Farmer's Walk. Strength or coordination? Put 300 a side on and I'd prolly take about 5 wobbly steps and trip over myself. Ostlund could probably teach ballroom dancing holding the same weight. At any rate, he doesn't trip over his own two feet. Sure there's "fast feet coordination" skills that are learned from training and practicing the event, but it can't exist without the strength. With my right hand, I feel I am nearing at the point where strength is the limiting factor, but with my left, I still feel like I'm trying to sprint with size 21 shoes on. So yeah, it's a really funky mix, and they are very synergistic with the powerball.

Yeah, it's kind of enlightening how strength and coordination inter-relate. At the risk of somewhat contradicting my earlier statements, sure it takes coordination, but the more strength you have, the easier it is to be coordinated. Take something like Farmer's Walk. Strength or coordination? Put 300 a side on and I'd prolly take about 5 wobbly steps and trip over myself. Ostlund could probably teach ballroom dancing holding the same weight. At any rate, he doesn't trip over his own two feet. Sure there's "fast feet coordination" skills that are learned from training and practicing the event, but it can't exist without the strength. With my right hand, I feel I am nearing at the point where strength is the limiting factor, but with my left, I still feel like I'm trying to sprint with size 21 shoes on. So yeah, it's a really funky mix, and they are very synergistic with the powerball.

Good points! :rock