• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikael Siversson

• BJones

• strongmitts

• OldGuy

Nice job strongmitts!

I think the next logical step is for Ironmind to introduce the pink nail, 7" x 3/8" CRS. That ought to keep people at bay for at least a few years :D

I adopted Brookfields terminology for describing different (initial) approaches to achieving a U-shaped bar or nail. Folding, in this context, refers to basically maximum compressional force applied to the ends of the bar at the very start of the bend. Bending, in this context, refers to techniques where compressional force is not applied to the ends of the bar at the start of the bend.A good example of the latter is the old Terminator reversed style. In the latter part of the bend, compressional force is applied to the ends of the bar in all, above the waist, techniques that I have seen.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Bending, in this context, refers to techniques where compressional force is not applied to the ends of the bar at the start of the bend.

But keep in mind all styles generate compressional force, though in varying degrees.

Outstanding!

I too am of the opinion that Red=3. And I agree that something in the realm of 7x3/8" will be around the 4.

I would disagree (at least with the old IM rules). I think the red nail is more difficult than a #3. Remember that most of the people that now bend the red after less than a year of bending had prior to this, in many cases, done several years of general forearm training. I am close at being able to bend a red nail after 6 months of bending but had prior to this several years of grip traing conditioning my hands and wrists. I closed the #3 after 6 months of gripper training with far less of previous grip training.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

I would disagree (at least with the old IM rules). I think the red nail is more difficult than a #3. Remember that most of the people that now bend the red after less than a year of bending had prior to this, in many cases, done several years of general forearm training.

I agree. I think the Red's definitely tougher than a #3 close, but perhaps a bit easier than an "average" #4.

I would disagree (at least with the old IM rules). I think the red nail is more difficult than a #3. Remember that most of the people that now bend the red after less than a year of bending had prior to this, in many cases, done several years of general forearm training. I am close at being able to bend a red nail after 6 months of bending but had prior to this several years of grip traing conditioning my hands and wrists. I closed the #3 after 6 months of gripper training with far less of previous grip training.

But that was the 3 with the old rules as you say.

How long did it take for you to close the 3 with the current rules?

From what I have read and my own progress % wise the red and the credit card 3 close could be comparable even though nothing can be exact with these things. Certainly the 4 with the current rules is MUCH harder then mere bending of the red.

Nothing wrong with folding (as long as we are aware of that it is less of a test of wrist strength than the underhand/old Terminator way of starting the bend) as it is probably the best way of turning a red into a U-shape. Once again, however, the technique will cause a change in the IM rules for certification, so this may be of some concern for future red nail folders. Congratulations anyway, as it is still a pretty good display of hand/wrist/upper body strength. :rock

Can YOU do it thatway?!!!!

Congrats on killing the RED!!

BTW - there is no such thing as a "mere" bending of a RED -

Brett

Nothing wrong with folding (as long as we are aware of that it is less of a test of wrist strength than the underhand/old Terminator way of starting the bend) as it is probably the best way of turning a red into a U-shape. Once again, however, the technique will cause a change in the IM rules for certification, so this may be of some concern for future red nail folders. Congratulations anyway, as it is still a pretty good display of hand/wrist/upper body strength.  :rock

Can YOU do it thatway?!!!!

I can do many things, including reaching shelves small men cannot.

How about a video and some pics of you bending Mikael. Together with expert instructions on the correct way to bend a nail? Who in your opinon bends a nail the right way? Gripboard members only.

How about a video and some pics of you bending Mikael. Together with expert instructions on the correct way to bend a nail? Who in your opinon bends a nail the right way? Gripboard members only.

What would your life be without me, Old Guy?

I'd like to see an answer to the question.

Who bends "correctly" - Video or pics of the "correct" way to bend a nail - a description as well.

Brett

Typical - answering with a question that avoids having to provide any information -

Why? - because you seem to be quite the expert on issues of wrist strength and bending and would like to see you "expert" opinion.

Brett

I just like to argue for the sake of arguing with some of you guys and so do you in this particular case.

Once again - no answer to the question.

Brett

You can try to retreat but I am not being argumentative or rude - I would just like an answer to the question.

If this is repetitive it is because you are not answering the question.

Brett