Blobs

GordonV

How wide is the blob50 edge-to-edge? I have small hands (just over 7") and would love to buy one, but not if I can't even grab the thing

I beleive even the smallest handed men have at least been able to get their hands around a blob. Check the FAQ section for blob dimensions.

Gordon,

Great initiative on doing this, way to step up to the plate! :bow

One question though. How wide is the blob50 edge-to-edge? I have small hands (just over 7") and would love to buy one, but not if I can't even grab the thing :blush

thanks

Blob dimensions are to be found in the FAQ forum.

I definitely want one of these. Thanks for taking the initiative with this one. This is awesome. Let me know how much, where and how you wand the money and it will be off immediately.

Just out of curiosity is the board going to allow these to count as an official Blob lift, or will it be a second catagory (or count for anything)? I guess a comparison between the two should be done first. The main reason I ask is its the motivating factor in me purchasing one. If it isnt going to, I'm gonna spend the money on Hex DB's.

Just out of curiosity is the board going to allow these to count as an official Blob lift, or will it be a second catagory (or count for anything)? I guess a comparison between the two should be done first. The main reason I ask is its the motivating factor in me purchasing one. If it isnt going to, I'm gonna spend the money on Hex DB's.

I am signed up for one.

They are supposed to be exactly the same, so my take is it would count.

We'll see how they turn out.

The unfinished sample I tried was actually more difficult than the original blob it was modeled after.

Just out of curiosity is the board going to allow these to count as an official Blob lift, or will it be a second catagory (or count for anything)?  I guess a comparison between the two should be done first.  The main reason I ask is its the motivating factor in me purchasing one.  If it isnt going to, I'm gonna spend the money on Hex DB's.

I am signed up for one.

They are supposed to be exactly the same, so my take is it would count.

We'll see how they turn out.

Perhaps being from the same batch of 'iron'they will actually be more consistant than the 'old'blobs.....which may from time to time have different weights? i believe i remember threads where Blobs weighed a couple of pounds heavy?....as they have come from seperate batches over the years of YORKs' production.

I have heard of variations with the weights of the cast iron INCH dumbells also.

Perhaps it's just the nature of Iron as it is poured and cast .

Fortunately Wannagrip is buying one and CAN lift a blob(and isn't one of those freaks that just picks them up :blush for fun )so he will be able to accurately assess these new blobs.

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, are they ready to be picked up yet? :tongue

In about an hour I will have roughly 30 bare cast BLOB50s! For some reason the foundry only did 30 instead of 50 on this run so I will get the other 20 next week.

Over the weekend I will be priming and painting the BLOB50s and making some mini shipping crates for them so they make the trip unscathed.

I will post an order update later today with more details.

Thanks!

Whew! I just finished dragging 1700 pounds of BLOB50 goodness up my driveway and into the garage. There is a picture them in my Gallery if anyone wants to take a peek.

If all goes well I will start shipping them out on Monday.

Rather than bogging down the PM system here on the Gripboard, E-mail me at: big_blobs@yahoo.com for details. I will respond to e-mails tonight with ordering information.

Shipping prefrence will be given to everyone on my list of interested persons.

Thanks!

The Blobs look great Gordon! :mosher

I might be buying one in the near future.

Guys, he gives an email address above for a reason. Try it.

In other news I've got the first one of these things and it's awesome! Just to give people who haven't touched one some perspective I can lift a 40lb blob and 5 10's and I have to deload this thing by 25-30lbs to lift it. Lifting the 50 takes unreal grip strength. This thing is going to take me awhile to master.

I made my first blob yesterday it weighs 35lbs, man it is great. I worked on it today just picking it up for 10 seconds and set it down and pick it up and set it down and so on for about 30 minutes, and after that my whole hand was twitching hurting and it was fatigued. if you want super stong hands buy a blob you will not regrete it. When I have the money the first thing im going to do is buy 1 of gordons blobs. :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Lifting the 50 takes unreal grip strength.

I used to think this. Some specialization and focus and I think anyone who has #3 closing power can do it provided their hands are not really small.

• Like 1

I used to think this. Some specialization and focus and I think anyone who has #3 closing power can do it provided their hands are not really small.

I suppose it is all a matter of context. To the layman the #3 require unreal grip strength, but here we know it is an acheivable goal for anyone with enough dedication. The Blob is the same way. Unreal to the layman, but acheivable to those who are diligent.

• Like 1

I have just finished sending out the first lot of BLOB50s and since the clones are done I figured this was more of a Selling topic than an equipment discussion topic. Thus I started a new thread in the Selling forum.

To those guys who have ordered BLOB50s please post feedback or let me know via PM or e-mail if you have any suggestions or comments.

Thank you for your support! If it were not for the encouragement of the GB members this would have never happened!