Heavy Neck Work

climber511

I perform neck supports, which I use a neck harness/load pin. I stand up, then squat all the way down, put the harness on and elevate my chin upward someward, then stand up with the weight, hold, then back down, I make sure to hold the weight coming and and go slow. Anyone else do it like this???

The same way I do it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGuy

• SHRUG

• mossman

• maidenfan

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Board member Mmainlands hit the big 500 today a new pr for him in the neck support with neckstrap. I was not far behind with 480 also a pr. :rock

Remind me not to request a headbutt from either of you two. Sorry, that's the best I can come up with. :dry

And oh yeh, extra, super, great lifting guys! :bow

I'd like to see pictures of these huge neck lifts. I've done 9 full reps with 90 pounds lately. I'm still trying to do a 6 plate(270 lbs) neck lift, maybe I'll try it this week.

A couple post back was a good description of how you are doing the support lifts. Would you please give me an idea of how far you are lifting the weight off the ground (ROM)?

BTW - congrats on the huge lifts!!

Mike M.

Edited by supersqueeze

• 1 month later...

Mike, that's crazy heavy weight you're handling there. :bow

And who's that character taking a stroll with the car on his head? :blink

Thanks, here is a link I found to that guy: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/conten...?recordid=51892

Heaviest Car Balanced On Head

It’s death defying, it’s daunting and it’s downright dangerous. But England's John Evans balanced a 159.6 kg (352 lb) Mini on his head for 33 seconds at The London Studios, England, on May 24, 1999.

Dangling cars from his head is all in a day’s work for professional ‘Head Balancer’ Evans. He’s balanced people, books and beers, but the car’s by far the most deadly trick – a strong wind and it could be the end of the road for John.

John’s a gigantic guy. He’s 2 meters (6 ft 1inch) tall and weighs in at 155.7 kg (343 lb). But it’s his 60.9cm (24-inch) neck that’s the only part of his body strong enough to take such immense weights. So the slightest slip, trip or nudge could send him tumbling to a crushing death, as his arms wouldn’t be able to cope with the load!

This big fella has broken 25 records in 11 categories and is going for more.

Mike, that's crazy heavy weight you're handling there. :bow

And who's that character taking a stroll with the car on his head? :blink

Simply incredible! Isn't the world record 600 or 611? I'm assuming he's performing in the fashion prescribed by the "All Around Weightlifting" organization?

Do you put your hands on your thighs when doing heavy neck supports?Anyone.

• 2 weeks later...