1 Year Anniversery

kerbjr

This month marks 1 year of grip-boarding. When I first started surfing this site I was interested only in tearing decks of cards. I had no interest in any other grip endeavor and thought that most of what you guys were doing was silly. After trying some of the feats listed on this board I learned just how studly you folks were, and to make a long story short I got addicted. Card tearing was just a primer, I then moved onto pinch, bought some grippers, made some block weights and most recently started bending. 1 year ago I was barely able to tear a deck of cards, took me over 5 minutes, could not pinch 2-25lbers, struggled with a 25lb block weight, could barely bend polebarn nails and thought I had a strong grip,.......Ha....Now 1 year later I can rip a deck of cards in under 5 seconds, can quarter them in about the same time and even eigth the cheaper decks. To top that off I have torn 2 of the cheaper decks at once. I have broken 2 35lbers off the ground on 2 occassions, am very close to a 40lb block weight, rip phonebooks pretty easily, can close a #2 (dont really train grippers yet this is from block weight training I believe)and after 6 months of bending can consistantly bend grade 5 bolts and am closing in on grade 8. This post is not meant to boast my acclompishments but to show some of the newer guys what can be done in only a year. I still have a long ways to go to get anywhere near most of you guys who have been around for a while, and I may never reach your level, but I have certainly bettered myself over this last year. Thank you to all who have given me advice and words of encouragement, this is the number 1 board on the net..I am excited to see what another year of training will accomplish....Brett Kerby

That is an awesome amount of progress in one year. Thanks for sharing it. It is very motivating to those of us who are also new to grip training. Great job!! :rock

Awesome stuff in only 1 year :rock

But did I read that properly? you can close the #2 and you don't really train with grippers??? :blink I would focus a bit more on the grippers if I were you, Seems you would mash the #3 pretty quick.

i closed the 2 on my first try...i guess that means i dident train grippers "all that much either" lol. it was my first gripping experiance except for the shity plastic ones.

the card ripping is impressive...i have not tried but cant see myself doing that succesfully. good work

Brett,

Congrats on all of your success! :rock

And - No doubt you'll be stronger in the coming year.

Brett

Fantastic and insperational progress.

You make me proud to know you Bro.

Keep it up and start getting serious about the grippers.

:bow