Training Frequency

Guest sheriff

Guest sheriff

I am just beginning to train my grip and forearms after recovering from a car accident, where I fractured my right wrist and left forearm.

Presently I am doing 12 sets of dumbell wrist curls on Mon/Wed/Fri, and a grip strength workout on Tue/Thu/Sat consisting of 3 sets of plier holding, plate curls, plate pinches, and hangs off of a chinup bar. Should grip/forearm be trained everyday or am I overdoing it.

Also, should I make a conscious effort to perform plate pinches with the tips of my fingers? I have found that this makes the exercise a little bit tougher.

Frequency, intensity, volume - all of these are things you need to work your way up to. Since you state you are a beginner, it sounds like you are doing far too much, unless your work-outs are for restitution, i.e. that you use very light weight that doesn't tax you much.