Road To The Red

Slayer

Today Jeff bent a Grade 8 bolt to under 2 inches. The initial underhand kink was not huge which led to an incredible overhand battle that lasted for several minutes, but he eventually finished it off. While this is still far from a red I feel he should be closing in on iit within a year. Afterwards he bent a 247.5k challene bar, so hopefully he gets into certifying on one soon.

Congrats Jeff - :mosher

I put my best kink in a G8 today but didn't win the overhand battle!!

Great bending - a step closer on the road to the RED!!!

Brett

Great work Jeff!! :rock:rock

A Grade 8 is one hell of an acomplishment! I wish you the best of luck on the journey to bend the Red. :mosher

While this is still far from a red I feel he should be closing in on iit within a year.

Three months tops, baby.

Go get that shit, Jeff.

-Jedd-

That's awesome, Jeff! The grade 8 bolt is really pretty close to a Red. My experience was that a 5 1/2" grade 8 was comparable to a Red. :rock

Nice work Jeff! I have bent a 245k bar but haven't done a G8 unbraced yet. Based on your experience maybe I am close.

Go get that red nail man. I'm with Jedd - 3 months tops.

I wasn't aware of this thread, just stumbled upon it. Thanks alot. Yeah I put a small kink in it underhand. Tried overhand a couple times with nothing. Then I thought either it's bending or I'm breaking my wrists going in for it. Just before I was about to stop it gave just a bit. Then it was done. Clay I bet you're close to the 245K bar. I heard from a reliable source that a grade 8 is more like a 260K bar. So if you can do these braced you must be really close to the 245K. My next goal is to move onto some bigger steel drill rod. This is the last step Dave O. took before he got the red.

I'm giving you 6 weeks to bend the red. By August it should be a 6.5" Red you're bending.

Again, nice job.

Go get it. Sounds like you have 6 weeks to get it done, Dave O has set the date, and you shouldn't dissapoint :rock

Great bend Jeff! Looks like we'll have multiple Red's bent at Feats with Hands this fall.

Dan, training with a sense of urgency produces fantastic results.

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday in the gym Jeff unofficially killed a 257.5k challenge bar. Even the overhand kink was severve which isn't usually the case for him.

Well the road ended very quickly today as Jeff bent a 7" red, then a 6.5" red and then a 6" red. This was witnessed by Dave Ostlund, Bret Jones, and Squeeze MasterFlash. I still am in shock at hearing the news, hopefully we can get some video soon.