Bob Lipinski Certification

Bill Piche

Gripper to hopefully go out today. I assume May 15 is the date?

Good luck Bob!

Good Luck!

Good luck Bob!

Not yet. No video yet.

The video has to clearly show the set at parallel and the close. If it doesn't he will not pass per the rules. Once I have the video, it will go to two judges (not me, I just clip it) and those two plus the witness make up the 3 votes. 2 out of 3 whites gets the pass per the rules.

• 2 weeks later...
Still no video.

Today being June 5 and this post was made on Jun 2, is there

any update of the cert video being received by MMG Homebase?

If not, how does this reflect the logistics rule, that states, the cert video

must be returned to Bill within a 48 hr. time period after the attempt?

Any accountability? May we have an update?

If I missed a post or thread somewhere giving this info, then disregard

Steve is in Chicago this weekend. I have a message waiting for him when he gets back.

Steve had said he was having technical difficulties. That was awhile ago though. Haven't heard anything since. Not an email. Nothing.

Bob, any word yet? I think we've been more than patient as I know he had technical difficulties.

And here's the rule.

"It is the responsibility of the person to be certified to post in his thread that a video camera is available and ready. The video must be sent within 48 hrs to Wannagrip at the following address"

I obviously stretched it due to the tech difficulties which I thought was the right thing to do.

We won't be able to review it now until the end of June if I even receive it due to my schedule.

I'm declaring this attempt "no good" if I don't hear it's in the mail by Friday or there's a good explanation for the super long delay.

Worst case, you can sign up for the next session and re-cert as I think Steve said the video was pretty bad and was not likely to be up to snuff. We have to get some sort of closure on this attempt.

Thanks.

Steve said he was having some connection difficulties at home.

I'll try one more time to get him to get it done.

Sorry about the trouble Bill.

Steve said he would send it out this week. Review won't occur until the 22nd.

I've got the video CD made and it will be mailed out today. I won't make excuses, it's late. Been an extraordinary pain in the ass.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on travel off and on so it won't be reviewed until later next week. The timing of the delay getting it and my schedule lined up for the worst.

Going to the PO this morn and we should have a ruling on this within the next 24-48hrs.

I just watched the first video clip. It was not of the MMG2 (it was the MMG1) and the unboxing was not viewed on tape for the MMG2. This alone disqualifies the attempt. Even the file is dated 3/13 which was Bob's MMG1 video. I also compared and it's the same video.

Attempt #2 might have been good if the close was captured. I could not see the close to even warrant submitting for further review (ignoring the unboxing rule being violated). The set appeared to be good as parallel handles makes it easier to see.

The third attempt, the close was not captured and it opened up when the handles were in focus.

All video was "steppy" if that makes sense. It was not continuous on playback. This actually helped a bit on the set part of the close. However, full speed video is preferred as I can slow it down if need be. :)

Sorry Bob. Thanks to Steve for getting the video in.

I think you definitely have the power to close the MMG2. Another session of signups will be forthcoming.

I knew it.

The capture software is definitely not something I am very pleased with, since I've been unable to capture sound as of yet. I am not sure why the video was choppy, unless you were watching the video CD. It should be smoother in the other formats.

As to not getting the box opening, I must have burned the wrong file to the CD. I'll have to go back and check things out to satisfy myself.

Oh well. Next time we'll be set up better, with better lighting, chalked grippers, and maybe a lower camera position.