New Black Log #33

Tom Black

I just posted a new Black Log.   I’m a couple of weeks behind, and doing my current grip workout right now.  I just cleared 165-pounds off the floor using my Inch dumbbell handle, so you can see I’m way ahead of the workout I just posted.  I got a good picture of 160 pounds, but I think I may have cut off the bottom of my 165 lift.  Only 7-pounds more to the Inch replica.  

Go to the Grippage

Correction, that was 167.5 pounds, I just put it on my digital scale!  Ok, now I've got to try 5 more pounds.

Nope, not yet.  I lifted 162.5, 167.5 (twice) so I guess they took a little out of me.  Next week I'll jump right to the 172.5-pounds.  Too bad I can't pinch lift, Slam dunk and goose step with it like Roark and Barbender :)

(Edited by Tom Black at 2:11 pm on Sep. 29, 2001)

(Edited by Tom Black at 2:20 pm on Sep. 29, 2001)

Just looked at the log..holy poop!  You have mega volume on the grippers alone which exceeds my weekly total and I do grip 6 days a week! :)

Yes, and that was probably the last time I did that much with the grippers in a single workout.  This week I skipped one day after going all last week and I think I may have had a "rebound" day.  I over crushed the #2 so much it felt like the trainer.  Also did 3 singles with the Master, but that will be all until next week.  I'll do only singles on the #2 this week, unless they all are like todays.  If that is the case, I'll attempt the Master.

(Edited by Tom Black at 6:06 pm on Sep. 29, 2001)

Cool on the rebound.  It doesn't always come...it takes a lot of experimentation and sometimes the right conditions to trigger it. But, when it comes, you know...BIG TIME.

There certainly are a lot of variables to consider, but I am thinking of putting my rest day one day before my “main” workout.  That way, if all goes like this week, I will be at my best for the only day that I will be trying the Master or higher.  Another option, totally different, is to not do heavy attempts on my grippers on my “main” day.  That way I can put more into lifting my Inch dumbbell handle and other things.  I could then rest the next day and try to peak just after.  I'm going to do a low volume workout in a minute, it will be interesting to see if I dominate the #2 like I did yesterday.